Who Orders From Annies?

newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)April 27, 2011

I received the Catalog last year but like an idiot didn't order there and instead ordered somewhere else that turned into a big dissapointment. This year I got the catalog again and this time I ordered.

I am trying some new annual vine called Scyphanthus elegans that has unusual yellow flowers.

Then I am FINIALLY going to have Delphiniums! I love the looks of them but never tried them here in my garden. The deal is one I found at Annies that sounds much easier to grow than the more common Pacific Giants. Called Delphinium elatum Royal Aspirations. I don't know if anyone else offers this type or not but I am buying here from now on.

Last but not least you know I love those Lupines. I found a stunner called Thomas Church which is yellow and blue bi-olor that looks wonderful to me.

So this is my first order from Annies but I know many of you have known about them for years!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Her stuff is wonderful!!Sign up for her emails,and you can then look thru her gardens,BEAUTIFUL.She doesn't hound you with email either,usually once a month,unless something special is going on at her gardens.She also likes garden art!!
Kathi

Bookmark   April 27, 2011 at 1:49PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

I did sign up for the e-mails when I ordered. I don't mind garden news e-mails :-)) Her catalog has the most amazing looking plants and color combos.

Bookmark   April 27, 2011 at 2:08PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

I have not ordered via the mail, but I am hoping to one day fly out, visit my pals (including Edna) who live in that area, then pack up some boxes of fantastic plants and fly them home with me...one day!

Bookmark   April 27, 2011 at 2:35PM
chickadee2_gw

I had gotten my first catalog from her a month or so ago and didn't look at it because I had already placed a few orders from other catalogs. Last week I finally got around to looking at the catalog and loved her selection. I placed an order, but a lot of the plants I wanted were already sold out. I haven't received my order yet, but if things look good, I'll order from her first next year.

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 10:00PM

I guess I was lucky or ordered early enough that everything I wanted was in stock.

My order came today while I was outside planting something that came from another of my mail order orders.

I stopped and unpacked the box right away as I wanted to see the plants she sends. Very nice and very well packed. She takes each out of the grown in pots, puts it in a plasic baggie that fits them perfectly and puts them back in the plastic pots to ship.

I am leaving them like that for now and will take each out of its baggy as I plant. I would like to get them planted today but have to finish up planting my orders that came in yesterday first.

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 2:59PM

So all my plants from Annies are planted. I really am very pleased. They are big enough not to be too tiny as some mail order plants are. Yet they are small enough to be very easily planted. I bet they settle in and grow really quickly.

Its cool today and the wind is blowing. This morning it was cloudy but this afternoon at least the sun was shining. But cold outside for this time of May :-((

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
Introduction! (plus a question about gaura)
Hello, all! I'm new to the forum, but have been gardening...
michellecoxwrites
HAVE: Weeping Willow & Tortured Willow Cuttings
I am rooting Weeping Willow (Salix babylonica) cuttings. I...
sweetannie4u
Early rose-Gingersnap
I was trying to post this a couple of weeks ago but...
jakkom
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427 (zone 7)
Sponsored Products
Woodson & Rummerfield Marbleized 16" Wide Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Lipstick Twin Geometric Duvet Cover
$149.00 | Bellacor
Hinkley Lighting | Lanza 5100 LED Wall Sconce
$219.00 | YLighting
Best Rite Pre-School Hook & Loop Double Sided Room Divider - 4W x 4H ft. - 647D-
$249.99 | Hayneedle
Sanibel Rectangular Outdoor Dining Table Cover - Sand
$479.50 | FRONTGATE
Fitzgerald Border Rug 10' x 14'
$3,899.00 | Horchow
GE Under Cabinet Lighting 12 in. LED Wireless Under Cabinet Light White 17446
$15.97 | Home Depot
Gray Egyptian Cotton-Blend 800-Thread Count Sheet Set
$44.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™