WANTED: potato onion (aka multiplier onion)

plantslayer(8)June 24, 2012

I want to try growing "potato onions" for scallions in the spring and later. These things are expensive from the seed catalog, and I only need maybe 6 bulbs or so, if that many.

I can trade heirloom tomato seeds (Black cherry, Kosovo, Malachite Box, Orange Minsk, Indian Stripe, perhaps others, just ask) and I also have a decent amount of seed for Asian brassicas (including mizuna and giant red mustard), plus Chinese swordleaf lettuce and a good snow pea variety from Taiwan. I have some pepper seed as well, bell and hot varieties, I sort of gave up on growing these after I was unable to have success with them in the past few years.

If there is something else you want to trade for, let me know, I might even have it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bejoy2(8)

I can send you some multiplier onions (aka 'shallots', not scallions - scallions are the non-bulbing 'green' onions that look like chives). These are agricultural grade Dutch shallots. The cultivar name is 'Yellow Moon'. Send me an e-mail at tammyinolympia@yahoo.com. I don't need anything in trade.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 8:07PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Indoor growing
Is there any eye protection needed when growing under...
BobSchmokel
Looking for Oriental or Asiatic lilies, hostas, ferns
Need color and fragrance for shade garden as well as...
Catt Foy
WANTED: starting my first garden , family needs help.
I'm a mother to 3 children whom this year are all goin...
pumpkinmommy
WANTED: Iron Cross oxalis bulbs
Does anyone have the ones with the purple cross and...
barbe_wa
have: free native milkweed asclepias speciosa seeds
I am distributing free seeds of Asclepias speciosa...
mikan5080
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™