organic_kitten(8)April 19, 2012

Iris Paul Black:

One that I really like: Last Laugh:

Part of The older section of the rose gardenz;

New Dawn is beginning to show her colors:

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

WOW!!! Your new dawn is gorgeous. and I love the rose garden. Very very nice.Iris's are pretty, too.

Jean

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 9:54PM
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks Jean! New Dawn is about half way unfurled right now. That silly thug rose is so pretty she gets way with hogging space and even those wicked thorns...she just looks gentle.
kay

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 10:24PM
anniegolden(z7a)

Those 2 iris are stunning. Last Laugh is aptly named, she does look like she's laughing.

Kay, your metal support structures in you rose area are green. DId you paint these? My little patio set is cast iron just that shade of green but I have been unable to locate plant stands to match. I'm looking for the kind you stick in the ground and hang pots on.

Christine

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 7:35AM
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks Christine. I spray paint all of my structures in my garden. I'm sure Lowe's thinks the mossy green color is a big seller, but it is me. I like the color, and I like the bones to match...I also painted the little fence in newer part of the rose garden with the same color.

kay

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 8:24AM
houstmag

Love the colors on the iris their my favorite colors. Even if New Dawn is a thug she is still stunning.
Linda

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 8:40AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

New Dawn sure does really well for you and must get bigger and bigger each spring. Plus that roses garden section is just lovely. It is all turning out very pretty. I do love the Iris and PAUL BLACK is one of my very favorite iris.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 12:47PM
Nancy zone 6

How did I miss this post earlier? Paul Black is so nice with that bright beard, & I love Last Laugh. But the roses, oh boy, the roses, just beautiful. New Dawn is really impressive.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 7:08PM
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks you all so much. New Dawn is a ground swallower. I had to move daylilies that no longer got sun since she covered them. They were a bit shocked at first, but seem to be recovering nicely.

The iris are blooming pretty well, but not quite like normal. And the daylilies are creating scapes shockingly quickly.
kay

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 10:39AM
mantis__oh

I see why Paul Black has received so many awards. In all candor, I have never been a fan of New Dawn.

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 8:15PM
More Discussions
Fertilizing daylily seedlings
My sprouts are about 2 weeks old and getting to be...
nancykvb
Pauline Henry daylilies
I was brousing a couple of daylily sites the other...
Maryl zone 7a
Rain, Rain Go Away...
We have had an abundance of rain...I am glad, but am...
organic_kitten
Best deer repellant?
I'm fairly new at daylillies, and I know that the deer...
bigack
Siloam Daylilies ID
OK all you Siloam daylily experts. I have 3 daylilies...
swontgirl_z5a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™