WANTED: tropical plants from Northern Climes

pserrico(9)October 16, 2007

I know that where I used to live in Michigan every fall I would try to give away all my tropicals each fall as they would not overwinter. Now that I live in Florida I am hoping that people will see this message and before tossing them into the compost pile save them and send them to me. I will pay postage on tropical water lilies,lotus,floaters and others that cannot tolerate the colder weather. Also looking for Cannas for around the pond too. Since moving from Michigan to Florida I could not take my pond plants and I am starting from scratch. Let me know what you have and I can send a prepaid label for flat rate postage box. Thanks Penney

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mickey26(6)

I can give you some water hyacinths, water lettuce, parrots feather, water fern, and water lettuce.

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 11:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
compost_hugger_nancy(z4/5 NES MI)

My neighbor has the pond lillies and they winter just fine here in Michigan. Were you refering to growing in preformed shallow store bought ponds?

I've had two in my own spring fed hole with a never freezing run off. Mine are still too young to bloom maybe next year.

Bookmark   December 4, 2007 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Momo Botan lotus tubers
A dinky small lotus, blooms 5" at most, pads less...
sdavis
HAVE: Wanted small flowering pond/aquarium plants
Looking for something new for the pond and aquarium...
lindamarie
WANTED: Hardy White Water Lily Tubers
Oops -- meant HAVE!!! I have several large tubers to...
wardog33
HAVE: Peach Glow Hardy Lily
I have a Peach Glow Hardy lily. Medium to large spread,...
jan2
WANTED: seeds
want to try my hand with gowning Aquatic Plant for...
bigaaron01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™