HAVE: Tropical plants
I have some extra plants that need a good home. People with plants to trade get first dibs, but otherwise trading is optional. The plants I have:
- Passiflora actinia: I have an extra two of these, they need to be put on a trellis or something soon. Very cool flowers but not hardy outdoors.
- a Cavendish banana: I have one of these, a healthy plant about 18" tall.
- lemon eucalyptus: these are 2-year old seedlings of this tropical tree, I have 7-8 extra, some are 12" tall or more. Brushing up against the leaves of this plant releases a lemon scent. I'm assuming this variety can be grown in a container, but it's new to me.
- tibouchina starts, I have 7-8 of these.
- mystery plants: I collected some seeds from what I thought was a helicone but they came up looking like a ti plant, so I may have mixed up the seeds? Not sure what they're going to do but it's a nice looking plant (reddish leaves on some).
Plants I would be happy to trade for include mostly other tropicals that I may not have already, such as:
- other types of bananas
- unusual types of citrus (I have the common varieties of lemons and limes).
- other types of herbs and fruits.
I live between Orting and South Prairie, about 15 minutes from Bonney Lake. I work from home so I'm usually home during the day.
p.s. Can anyone tell me why my Babaco papaya and Musa lasiocarpa are not doing well? The papaya is losing its leaves as soon as they reach a mature size, although it keeps growing new ones. And the two Musa lasiocarpa were not looking good (leaves are faded and veins showing), but my other types of bananas are doing well. I think the sunroom they've been in may be too hot, it gets up to mid-90's before the ventilation fan kicks in, so I moved that variety of banana outside but it's too soon to say if that has solved the problem yet. Should I do the same with the papaya?