My humble spring garden

Lilyfinch z7 mid tnApril 21, 2011

I dont have a huge front yard, but this fall i tried to make the most of it! I will confess, the tulips in the walkway were supposed to be appleblossom mix of pinks and white. Not yellow! Ill survive tho! :)

Thanks for looking! I hope my neighbors will catch the gardening bug too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

The tulips are beautiful! It looks like spring at your hopuse.

(I love your duck).
kay

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 3:24PM
schoolhouse_gw

Humble? Heavenly. Every time I see tulips like that I wish I would have planted more last Fall. Are the orange tulips, "Daydream"?

I know how disappointing it is to expect a special mix of colors and get some ringers.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 3:50PM
oakleyok

I think it's beautiful! I'm not a fan of yellow, but the yellow in your garden makes the whole thing pop.

Question, once the flowers die off for the summer, do you plant other flowers on top and it won't hurt the bulbs?

I've never grown bulbs because I don't know how. lol

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 4:15PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

All the gardens lok nice and I love the tulips. They do look lovely framing your walkway even if they aren't the expected color.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 4:27PM
flora_uk(SW UK 8/9)

Not at all humble. It's bigger than my entire garden! Great tulips. I like the yellow.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 5:00PM
trailrunnerbiker

Humble, I don't THINK so ! Really charming and sweet home and your flower choices enhance it beautifully. I love the yellow...very cheery. Look forward to your Summer blooms. c

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 5:31PM
lavender_lass(4b)

Lilyfinch- It's beautiful! :)

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 5:40PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Thanks for posting such great Eye Candy!

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 8:24PM
natalie4b(7b GA)

Your spring garden is absolutely delightful! Tulips are beautiful, and a little angel is darling. Thank you for posting photos - enjoy spring!

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 9:21PM
Prettypetals_GA_7-8

Such happy looking blooms. Really like the little cherub that looks like its blowing a kiss. Do I see a four legged family member behind the fence or am I seeing things?? lol!! If so would love to see his/her pic too. Luv the animals too!! Judy

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 11:09PM
Cher(6 SW OH)

The whole area looks really pretty. You did a nice job of mixing up the different early bloomers.
Cher

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 7:07AM
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Thank you all sooo much! It was so nice to come home from work to your wonderful comments.

Schoolhouse, they are apricot beauty. I ordered and planted them almost7 years ago! I can't believe they come back every year. I love them.

Oakleyok, I usually let my tulips get buried by foliage of other plants. This is the first year I planted so many bulbs tho. Honestly I'll be yanking the yellow tulips when they are done and next year ordering from a place so I can get what colors I really like.
I have to say I was very excited the daffodils held up till the tulips started!

Pretty petals, I have 2 dogs that love to help garden.
Unfortunately I just switched my pics to my iPad and I can't figure out how to rotate pics so here's the sweetest pic I have of them. The pug is named Oliver and he's 7. The bulldog is named diesel and he is almost 2.

He grew into a 70 pound sack of potaoes lap dog! This is him on top of the rocks around our pond. I was laughing so hard because my dh dosnt like the dogs around pond since they knock rocks into water and he has to fish them out. But diesel loves to watch the fish and drink pond water so nothing keeps him out!

We love them so much. Bulldogs are full of so much love it's ridiculous.my pug is lovey too but in his own " love u when I wanna " way. They are awesome tho!

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 11:10AM
freezengirl(3aMN and 5AK)

What a lovely cheerful yard you have! Loved the pictures of your pooches too.

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 12:06PM
christinmk z5b eastern WA

Awww...lilyfinch your garden garden is adorable! Your house is lovely too; I really like the way you flanked the pathway with the tulips. Makes such a bold entry!

Super cute pups too ;-) Thanks for sharing
CMK

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 12:11PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

The bulbs are just lovely...and I love that photo of your dog looking into the pond! How cute!

Happy Spring!!!

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 12:11PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

I had a bully, her name was Betty Boop! I love pugs too! Got any pics of your pond?

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 1:40PM
Thyme2dig NH Zone 5

I really like the mix of bulbs and the pops of blue you have in there is really nice.

Your dogs are adorable. Those pictures of Deisel are awesome. There is no way you can't smile when you see those!

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 7:27PM
lavendrfem(z6 CT)

What a welcoming entry! Just beautiful - I just love the duck and the doggies!

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 8:48AM
aimeekitty(9-10, SW 18)

I think the orange ones are actually really charming with your fountain, they look like they're glowing. :)

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 11:15AM
lesmc

You have a beautiful garden! I just love the picture of your bulldog by the pond! What a sweetheart....You have done a wonderful job. Lesley

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 9:40PM
Prettypetals_GA_7-8

Diesel and Oliver are just precious. I love the shot of Diesal with his mouth resting on the stone glaring into the pond. So funny! Our sweet pets just make our lives so much better. Their personalities are so funny and unique. I enjoyed looking at your beautiful home and blooms. Thanks for sharing, Judy

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 9:51PM
hurlee(6)

adorable and welcoming! I love your walkway of tulips! I am only 2 hours from you and my son goes to PITT. :)

jody

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 6:17AM
HerbLady49(Z6 PA)

Looks like you have the best of both worlds. A lovely home and garden, and two of cutest little garden buddies.

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
Received my seeds today
So psyched !!! Can't wait for spring !!!!
Cenepk10
Hillside cottage garden
Hello! I am going to make my first ever attempt at...
rickcrum
Backyard birding
Last fall i had posted that i was having trouble attracting...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Here's what my Garden looks like!!
The icicles are getting crazy big, but they look pretty...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Blackberry lily (Belamcanda chinensis)
This is my attempt to post. This is a plant I haven't...
frogview00
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™