Ok Marcia, Pictures of My woodworking Projects!

alalbertaz2b(z2 AB)February 9, 2011

I replied to Marcia's thread about her new addition to her family awhile back and she wanted me to post some pics of some of my woodworking projects. I used to do a lot of gardening amd was a active member here but I got into woodworking and have planted mostly perennials in my garden to cut down on the work! Here are a few pictures of some of the items I have made.

A fancy jewelery box called 'Ophidian'

Some christmas tree ornaments that I made on my lathe!

Toothpick holder

A couple of pens!

I hope you like my efforts at woodworking. It keeps me busy although this winter I have not been in my shop much because we are very busy at work!!

Cheers Al

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
northspruce(z3a MB CDA)

Hi Al, we've missed you, it's been ages! Your woodworking is getting really excellent. I especially like the tree ornaments. :0)

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 7:47PM
marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario

And i finally checked in here! LOL

Wow, Al, everything is lovely, especially, as Gil said, the ornaments! I really like the look of highly varnished wood - it's so pretty. Are you able to sell much? I think that's what you were doing.

Feel free to post more!

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 9:34PM
alalbertaz2b(z2 AB)

Hi Gil and Marcia, it is nice to touch base with you gals again! I see a few of the familiar names here but some are gone. What happened to Sharon the 'Crazy Gardener" she was very active on this site.
Yes I sell a lot of my woodwork at craft sales and locally by word of mouth. I do not make much money with it but it buys me some tools and supplies to keep me going. I am active on a couple of woodworking forums and get a lot of ideas from there. The internet is also a good source of ideas. Some more of my wood work for you ladies and any others that wish to comment!
A clock I made for a wedding present for my nephew!

Some pens made using a rifle cartridge and deer antler, with a rifle style of clip ( for hunters)

Another fancy jewelery box called 'Shroom'

Some Christmas tree ornaments

Cheers Al

Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 12:18AM
marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario

Love the birds, Al! Everything is so intricate, too. I guess even if you don't make much money at it, it satisfies the artist in you. :)

Sharon has been MIA for quite awhile. She's on Facebook, so we still hear from her, but i wish she would come back here too because she's a wealth of information.

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 11:35AM
More Discussions
Toka plum almost ready to flower in calgary
Like the title says today I was doing my pruning for...
mattpf
Mature spruce with double leader
Hi everyone, I have a question that I can't find the...
Violetjune Zone 3
Polar Bear Willow
I posted this last night but it seems to have disappeared....
sazzyrose
Northland Crab apple
This is an older Mn. variety that is supposed to be...
sandbur2
Has many one tried calgaryplants.com for roses?
I came across this site, http://www.calgaryplants.com/collections/roses,...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™