WANTED: Need to find a home for my fish...

jeffseattle(z6 PA)August 31, 2005

I'm moving, and I have 20-30 large goldfish (four to eight inches) that I can't take with me. I would like to find them a good home (or homes) in the Seattle area -- I'm very attached to them. I've had the two oldest fish, Martha and Napoleon, for more than five years. The other fish were purchased as 69-cent feeder goldfish in spring of 2003. There are some jet-black and multi-colored ones. I'm not certain of the exact number, because raccoons have gotten into the pond a couple of times. Right now, the fish are in a 200-gallon pond and are pretty crowded, but they seem very healthy. I haven't had any disease problems - just predators. I live in West Seattle. Let me know - I'll reply to all messages.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doublemom(z8-PNW)

I wish I could help you... but I have the same problem! I have at least 25-30 goldfish, comets, and shubunkins that are babies from last year and I don't want my pond to be overloaded. I hope you can find a good home for yours... I know exactly what you mean about being attached to them, they are wonderful pets!

Andi

Bookmark   September 1, 2005 at 2:25PM
greenelephant(Woodinville WA)

Dear Jeff,

How long can you hold onto the fish? I plan to dig a large pond this winter.

Regards,

Jim

Bookmark   September 3, 2005 at 1:07PM
doublemom(z8-PNW)

Hi Jim - since Jeff asked first, if he wants to hold on to his fish until your pond is ready that would be great and I don't want to hijack his request here... But... if he wants to find a home for them sooner than that, I'm sure I can give you 10-15 whenever your pond is ready. Spring would probably be best since they'll be hibernating through the winter.

Andi

Bookmark   September 3, 2005 at 6:31PM
greenelephant(Woodinville WA)

Dear Jeff,

There's no way I can be ready by the end of Sept for the fish. Perhaps post this on the Aquatics/Ponds forums.

Regards,

Jim

Bookmark   September 5, 2005 at 12:26PM
juniorballoon(Z8a WA)

I also have extra fish for any that want them. Between 2 to 4 inches. The pond had an explosion this year. email me.

jb

Bookmark   September 7, 2005 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Info on Passionflower in Seattle
Hi guys, do any of you have experience growing passionflowers...
Brandon_the_Random
HAVE: Spring Green Elephant Plant Swap, Sat, Mar 7, Redmond
You are invited to the Spring Green Elephant Plant...
greenelephant
HAVE: Red sunchoke
Hardy Red Fuseau (Jerusalem artichoke)
briergardener_gw
WANTED: hosta, flowers at Green Elephant
I'll be coming from Port Angeles for the Green Elephant...
jburesh1388
WANTED: Akebia Quinata "Chocolate Vine"
Hi, anyone have rooted cuttings or extra Akebia Quinata's...
Brandon_the_Random
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™