We found a new arbor!

lavender_lass(4b)April 29, 2014

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful spring :)

Mom and I went shopping yesterday and had the best time looking at plants (and buying a few) when we found a lovely arbor! It's vintage green metal and it's perfect for our new garden.

I'll have to take a picture, but it's in three pieces right now...so we could get it home. It was the display for the garden section, but somehow the manufacturer had missed two holes when they were building it. So, I have to do a bit of modification...no big problem.

The best part is...we got it for $99 due to the little mishap (which I pointed out to them, the store hadn't even noticed) and similar arches I've seen in the past have been as much as $350 :)

So excited to get started on the garden with mom! She's going to be moving in with us this fall...but we start the garden this spring!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandmachris

What a joy to have your mom working and playing with you in the garden!!! My daughters live in Salem (OR) and Seattle
but they get together and send me little "show and tells" about plants that started their lives in my garden in Richmond, IN.

However, in a year like this their seasons are really ahead of mine. I'm very lucky to have a sister, sister-in-law, 2 daughters, a daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters and a brother who are active gardeners. Scattered from NC and KY through IN and then to the West coast.

Good luck on that mother-daughter garden!

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 5:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

What an exciting find LL! I can't wait to see pics. Do you have plans for what plants you'll grow on it ? Roses , honeysuckle , morning glories ? There are so many great possibilities !
How I wish I could garden with my mom again '! We used to go to different nurseries and dream together . Now I call her when I'm at a nursery and to torture her because we are a good 5/6 weeks ahead in the spring ! :) have fun with your mom !

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 9:53PM
More Discussions
Wanting to sow my wild flower seeds, have questions
Recently a gas line was installed in front of our house...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is supposed to warm up into the...
cyn427
Received my seeds today
So psyched !!! Can't wait for spring !!!!
Cenepk10
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Happy Saturday Morning, Cottagers!! Well, it's a grey...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™