Happy Victoria Day!

Crazy_Gardener(Z2b AB Canada)May 20, 2006

It is the Victoria Day long weekend for the Canadians and out here on the West, if you're not going away camping, you are working in the garden ;)

Have a good one and drive safe if you're to be going away.

I have to work, but do have Monday off ;)

Sharon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alalbertaz2b(z2 AB)

Happy Victoria Day weekend to everyone!!! I will be spending part of the weekend outside in my garden and part of the time in my shop as I have a woodworking project on the go right now (another large clock).:>)

We are off on Sunday to our daughters for my grandaughters birthday and a feast.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

Cheers Al

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 9:00AM
marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario

Happy May Long to you all!

Today is coooooooold and windy, so we're heading to town - possibly to a nursery! Hee hee hee! :) Tomorrow and Monday will be garden time - supposed to be a lot warmer. Yay!

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 10:02AM
CrazyDaisy_68

Happy Victoria Day Weekend to everyone!

It's cooler and rainier today so I'm taking a break from gardening today... but planning some projects! Hahaha!

Ang

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 3:16PM
SeaOtterCove(2b BC)

I'll be busy trucking dirt and plantings lots this weekend, DH is going to work on the drainage ditches this weekend and try to get more dug. We'll see how much he does as a friend already phoned to see if he wanted to got fishing. Unfortunately the weekend starts off on a bad note. I'm leaving in an hour for our neighbours 17 year old sons memorial service. He was in a motorcross accident last weekend where another racer landed on him and broke his spinal cord. They airlifted him to Edmonton but they couldn't do anything to save him. On that note I'd better go get ready.

Syreeta

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 3:49PM
Laurie_z3_MB(sw MB)

Oh, Syreeta, what a terrible thing to happen. That just shouldn't happen to anyone. Way, way too young.

I'm going to go hug my boys now......

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 10:05PM
northspruce(z3a MB CDA)

Yeah how awful Syreeta, sorry to hear it. I had to work today and DH works all weekend so no long weekend for us :0(
Tomorrow I am going over to help my neighbour with her garage sale - they're moving to BC. Sad, they were good neighbours. Oh well.

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 10:55PM
Crazy_Gardener(Z2b AB Canada)

Syreeta, thats so sad! Hugs!

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 12:46AM
SeaOtterCove(2b BC)

Thanks guys, the parents are having a really hard time with it. I don't know how his younger sister is doing. Then the neighbour behind us, well his son was best friends with the boy who died. He is taking it really hard. Kory (the boy who died), was really into the outdoors, he fished, hunted, camped, snowmobiled, rode his quad, you name it he did it. Well the parents and close friends all rode quads in a procession to where the memorial was being held. The parents were at the front of the line with both Grandfathers behind them. It was very touching.

To end on a happy note, I'll tell you a story they told about him yesterday that made me smile and laugh. Apparently his parents went away for the weekend and left him alone. Fishing season hadn't started yet and he really wanted to go fishing. So... him the other boy behind us figured out a way to fish. They found a really small hook, baited it with a piece of corn, dropped it in the water and waited. (The other boy was video taping the whole thing.) Guess what, he got a bite and caught a goldfish! The two of them were busy fishing in the fish tank in the livingroom! Which since they video tapped the whole thing and didn't erase it they were busted when my Mom and Dad came home and wondered where some of their fish were.

Syreeta

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 12:32PM
More Discussions
Potted peonies already coming up in garage! What do I do?
Hi everyone, After my winter hibernation, I am back!...
ostrich
Toka plum almost ready to flower in calgary
Like the title says today I was doing my pruning for...
mattpf
Apricots in Flower
Capilano Apricot trees in Edmonton, picture from today. One...
Konrad___far_north
Blackberry 2014 update...
The other thread was getting too long. Please post...
Konrad___far_north
Mahogany Splendor Hibiscus
I was wanting to grow this hibiscus. Everything I've...
marricgardens
Sponsored Products
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Accent Rug: Surya Rugs Country Living Blue Jay 2 ft. x 3
$73.97 | Home Depot
Runner: Country Living Blue Jay 2' 6" x 8' Flatweave
Home Depot
Alana Marie Inspired 6 Drawer Chest - White - IDF-7909WH-C
$549.99 | Hayneedle
Upper Bounce 13 ft. Trampoline with Top Ring Enclosure - UBSF02-13
$579.99 | Hayneedle
Noah's Ark Block Sign Set
$19.99 | zulily