WANTED: Help to restart my garden

madhuSeptember 12, 2011

Hello - Some of you helped me start off my garden a few years ago. I moved out of the country for over a year due to family reasons, and just got back to find my garden totally vanish(tenants didn't take care of it at all). I have a clean slate to start off with.

All I have left is some lambs ears and hydrangeas. I have limited budget to start off with so want ideas as to how I could begin my fall planting again.

Looking forward to seeing my garden in full bloom next year :).

Regards,

Madhu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbe_wa

If you're in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia area, consider going to the Olympia trade on Oct 17. Then there's the Green Elephant trade in November. There are always a lot of "freebies" to get you started. You just missed mine last weekend in Kelso, but if you're nearby, I can always find a few things for a new gardener.

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 7:51PM
bejoy2(8)

The Olympia trade is October 15. The address is 8001-A Thrulake Circle SE, Olympia, 98513. The times are 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. I will have multiplier onions, several kinds of mint, some daylilies, and some mustard family seedlings such as cabbage, kale, broccoli, etc, in addition to our normal fare. Hope to see youthere.
Tammy

Bookmark   September 14, 2011 at 5:56PM
madhu

Thank you so much for responding. I will try to make it to Olympia for the plant trade. I am in the redmond area.

I couldn't find my original post, so reposted again today. Didn't know how to delete my post. Trying to figure out how to navigate this website.

Madhu

Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 5:26AM
treepalm(z8WA)

Hello Madhu,
E-mail me, please. Do you have an idea of what you are looking for?
Treepalm

Bookmark   September 18, 2011 at 11:35AM
madhu

Hi,
I don't have your email,I am presuming we communicate by posts.I would loveto have some perennials that would be evergreen with some nice texture and few grasses. Northwest native plants that would be hardy and can survive our winters. I have rhodies and hydrangeas that are left in the garden.

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 1:08PM
treepalm(z8WA)

Hi Madhu,
Click on "My Page" and then click on "send me an email" from one of my posts. I don't have any grasses, but I do have natives and perenials.
Treepalm

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 3:16PM
More Discussions
Looking for Oriental or Asiatic lilies, hostas, ferns
Need color and fragrance for shade garden as well as...
Catt Foy
HAVE: Red sunchoke
Hardy Red Fuseau (Jerusalem artichoke)
briergardener_gw
HAVE: Drawf Snapdragon Seeds
Drawf Snapdragon seeds collected from last years flower...
GeekyGarderningGirl
WANTED: live shitake mushroom log at the Green Elephant
I'm looking to try growing shitake mushrooms. If you...
greenelephant
WANTED: Indoor growing
Is there any eye protection needed when growing under...
BobSchmokel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™