Some New Ones and Some Goldie Oldies

organic_kitten(8)May 1, 2012

Blooming seems to be picking up every day now.

Blaack Fathom Ddepths:

New Paradigm:

Hawaiian Empress:

Parrot Jungle (love this one)

Johnny Cash:

And I have waited for this one: Winner's Trophy:

That's enough, even though I have others.

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

These are really nice. I like Johnny Cash in particular. Winner's Trophy looks good too.....Maryl

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 9:45AM
anniegolden(z7a)

I love Black Fathom Depths. Please don't hesitate to post more photos of these same flowers as your season progresses.
Christine

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 10:15AM
Nancy zone 6

OOoh, they just got better with every picture! I'm sure it is because it is so early in the season, but I'm feelin' the NEED to have them all. Black Fathom Depths has really been catching my eye, Parrot Jungle is lovely, & that is such a great bright color on winner's Trophy.
So very pretty Kay, & so many already.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 10:25AM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

aw.Come om kay. post the rest of them.Not fair to keep them all to yourself :))). BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS is a very pretty one, and PARROT JUNGLE IS gorgeous, too,my favorite is the WINNER'S TROPHY.You really got some pretty ones.

Jean

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 12:42PM
avedon_gw

Please, post all picture--all of us addicts are dying for the daylily fix!!! I was especially crazy about Black Fathom Depths. Our new plant has not been looking good, don't know what happened, but sometimes plants take awhile to catch on. I think this will perk up in time, be devastated if it doesn't. I must say Winner's Trophy is looking really good. Avedon

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 12:50PM
organic_kitten(8)

Okay, you asked for it, and there aren't a lot of people who have misbehaving early blooming daylilies, so here is Brazen Bandit:

Barney:

Dancing With Julie:

Drink the Light:

Thank you for looking and making such nice comments. The first blooms are rarely as pretty as later ones, and I see that not all of them are opening early as they usually do.

Betty Ford, Marseilles Watercolor, Water Drops, Set My Soul Afire, Patricia Snider Memorial, Rowdy Red, Pink Gingham, and Purple Mask were also blooming today.

It is the season, I suppose.
kay

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 1:24PM
Julia NY(6)

Your pics of BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS are wonderful. You reminded me to check with the seller to see when they are shipping mine. I just love the color of that one.

WINNERS TROPHY looks to have really interesting color. I'll have to go and check that one out now.

Don't hold back on the pics.....

Julia

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 1:54PM
sann777

I tend to admire the colors that I want to add to my collection. Love that B Fathom Depths but I would love Hawaiian Exp and Barney cause they are colors I need. Sarah

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 2:03PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

Thanks for the pictures Kay. Makes the rest of us see what we have to look forward to. Black Fathom Depths, Barney and Parrot Jungles are my favorites.
Val

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 2:22PM
avedon_gw

Thanks, Kay, really enjoying the pictures. Love the color of Barney. Avedon

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 2:49PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Thank you kay, for adding some more. I just love that BRAZEN BANDIT.That is really loud and pretty. and i was thrilled to see BARNEY.i Also have barney this year, too, and he has 2 scapes so far.I love BARNEY and cant hardly wait till mine has a bloom, too, but,in the meantime,i would love seeing all of your Barney blooms,and everything else in bloom, too...

Jean

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 3:37PM
Nancy zone 6

I thought it couldn't get better, but brazen Bandit does it. That one is amazing.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 4:14PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Kay, they are all beauties but my favorite definately goes to Black Fathom Depths. I really love that one.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 4:43PM
katlynn719(8b)

Put me in the BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS fan club - excellent!
Kathy

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 5:38PM
lisa_3(5)

I love Brazen Bandit too. I'm always drawn to fall colors even when I try to find other colors. Right now I just have to be satisfied with the one scape I have found so far. The daffs and tulips came early-but I'm hoping the daylilies aren't too early again this year.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 10:49PM
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks you all for looking. BFD is a real favorite of mine, as is Brazen Bandit. but I know that Winners Trophy will be near the top of the list since it is a color I love!

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 11:16PM
houstmag

Winners Trophy and Black Fathom Depths are my favorites, I have a Black Fathom Depths and I can't wait for it to bloom after seeing everyones.
Linda

Bookmark   May 2, 2012 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
Now for charming "C" daylilies!
Let's see what you all have, I Need to add more to...
sherrygirl zone5
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
What are you most looking forward to this spring?
I know just having winter and all the aggravation it...
organic_kitten
Emmerich Daylilies
These are some of the Karol Emmerich daylilies I grow...
Julia NY
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™