Look at this pic for retaining wall

Sandi_W(7b/8)April 3, 2013

I found this pic on google. I think I want to try a version of this. This pic was on gardenweb at one time, but I can't find who it belonged to.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ianna(Z5b)

Sandi, Lovely look. Apart from paiinting your wall terracotta, all you need to do is to get blue accents for your wall and add a couple of terracotta planters to get the same 'feel' for your retaiing wall. There will be a difference though. The photo shown is that of a dry climate. (use of succulents, aloe,, rosemary) while yours is that of a shady and possibly wet climate. If you will check the link I sent you for the succulent wall, you will find that photo was of a wall also made to look mediterranean but the person who made it lived in Vancouver - a particularly wet and cold climate. Lots of ideas to achieve that mediterranean look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thomas hobbs garden

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 1:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sandi_W(7b/8)

Thanks ianna. The house and gardens is gorgeous. I will save your link. I've been trying to find afordable half pots online, but not much luck so far. I hope to start the wall this weekend, first with a dyed concrete skim coat then planting next week.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Here's what my Garden looks like!!
The icicles are getting crazy big, but they look pretty...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
An Irish Cottage Garden.
Not my own Irish Cottage Garden this time,..i have...
nulty
echinacea pink double delight
6 plants propagated from a single stem late last nov....
daves10
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427
Received my seeds today
So psyched !!! Can't wait for spring !!!!
Cenepk10
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™