Texas Forum Folks Please check IN

organic_kitten(8)May 16, 2013

I don't know what part of Texas is your home, but please let us know you are okay after the tornadoes yesterday.
kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alameda/zone 8

I am in east Texas - we got half an inch of rain added to the inch we got the other day. Granbury got the worst of it - up near DFW area - Cleburne, Millsap, but Granbury was the worst. Very devestating esp. since it happened so quickly - bad hail. 6 people killed, lots left homeless.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 11:28AM
avedon_gw

When we lived in Benbrook, southwest of Ft. Worth, we were only 35 miles from Granbury, used to go down there fairly often, as it is an historical town. I feel so bad for the people there, this is a devastating event. As for us, we received much needed rain, two plus inches, and possibly more to come today. I understand next week, we could have severe weather in our area, but will wait to find out for sure, since we never know if we will get anything here or not. So far, the pattern has been bad weather to the south and east of us. Avedon

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 11:52AM
ruthz

Storms here, but nothing bad. We were under a tornado warning for a while. 10 tornados were in the area South & West of us. Really bad.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 5:23PM
ruthz

Just heard on the news that there were actually 12 tornados, one an F4. I think 7 people are still missing.
These families need all the prayers they can get.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 5:41PM
organic_kitten(8)

I am so glad you are alright. Tornados are such devastating storms and I worry about any forum friends in harms way.
kay

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 6:11PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

I am also very happy that our forum friends are safe.At least I hope they are ALL safe.We had bad storms and tornados come though here tonight, too.we didn't get one here in my town, but, them sirens was going off every few minutes for several hours,and it got very windy for awhile.My daughters lost power, but, I still have mine.

jean

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 12:29AM
dementieva(Zone 9 - Houston)

No trouble in Houston area. We rarely have to worry about tornadoes -- we get the hurricanes instead.

Nate

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 7:17AM
More Discussions
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
WARNING- do not use EcoSmart Grass & Weed Killer
I just sprayed this on my grass inbetween the cracks...
dani_plus_2
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™