WANTED: New Member and starting Garden ...Again

countrythymelady(5a)August 24, 2010

Good afternoon from the sunny Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia on a warm August afternoon. More than a few years ago I was a member on this site and enjoyed many friendy chats and exchanges...then we moved and it's taken sometime to get back on my feet again but I'm here to happily say that I'm back diging and planting again ....and hopefully catching seeds to use and exchange ain in the near future .We live in Zone 5 and have over an acre in which I can express many different garden themes

as I procress.If anyone has any seeds that they can spare I would greatly appreciate Anything !! I had to leave all my plants behind when sold our last home ... Yesterday hubby and I started building a beautiful rock wall around one of my gardens and hubby has thoughtfully left spaces for inserting plants in pockets in this wall.I also have a large vegetable garden and have been supplying family friends and neighbors with the extra produce; next year we hope to sey up a roadside market of fresh produce and perhaps fresh cut flowers as well...looking forward tomeeting lots of folks this way...We live in a 100 year old farmhouse in the shelter of the North Mountain out our backdoor and from our front door we watch the shining waters of Silver Lake ....yesterday the first of the migratory Canadian Geese arrived on the lake ...their honking remonded us that Harvest will soon be over here and and to start thinking ahead to cleaning and planting for the next growing season.

Well I'm hoping I'll hear from some interested gardeners out there ... you can reach me here or thru my email address ...Happy Gardening

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosco_p(z6a ont.canada)

Countrythymelady: So glad you introduced yourself to the forum. It is rather slow at the moment but that should change quickly as folks gather in their seed for 2o10. Keep watching the boards for the upcoming seed exchanges that will undoubtedly be happening. I am sure I recall Kenny(Origami_Master)saying that he was going to once again host his exchange which has become a bi-annual tradition...so watch out for his posting. This is a great way to build up your supply of both common and interesting seeds for the coming year. Hoping you will enjoy your time here and we will look forward to conversing and exchanging with you. Happy Gardening. Ross.

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 7:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ontnative(5b Can/USDA 4)

Kristl Walek (from Gardensnorth seed source) moved from Ontario to the Annapolis Valley last summer, to continue with her mail-order business. You should check her out. You might be neighbours now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kristl's info

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Veg seeds in exchange for custom leather bracelet
I have some leather bracelets that I could trade for...
themaxineis
WANTED: Looking for creeping jenny (lysimachia)
I'd love a few bags full of creeping jenny (lysimachia)....
sherylgallant
WANTED: Verbena bonariensis
Looking for seeds of this plant please. Contact me...
signet_gw
WANTED: Where to find Different Hoya's in Canada
Hello, has anyone found a place to get different specie...
rcharles_gw
WANTED: looking for Tomatoes.....
I am looking for different types of tomato seeds for...
goodseedcharlie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™