HAVE: Green Elephant Plant Swap Sat, Jan 5, 10am-Noon Redmond

greenelephant(Woodinville WA)December 4, 2012

Winter Seed Sowing/Hardwood Cuttings

Saturday January 5, 2013, 10 AM to Noon (indoors)

Right after the holidays in the cold dark of winter, we get together with our treasure troves of seeds, and dirt and pots and labels, to winter-sow perennials, trees, shrubs. These pots of seeds then go outside for cold treatment which breaks the seeds' dormancy. You won't believe the great results! Come spring they germinate in profusion. For this event, potting soil is provided. Bring your pots, seeds, labels to share. This year we will propagate hardwood cuttings of various native and ornamental shrubs. You can also divide and repot houseplants at this event.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Elephant Plant Swap Details & Directions

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oliveoyl3

Thank you, Jim ... for hosting us, providing compost, pots, & showing us an easy way to root cuttings. I'm glad I had the seeds you wanted & look forward to a seedling in June.

Thanks to those who came with an assortment of cuttings especially the evergreens! It was well worth the time to attend once again even if I didn't plant a single seed. Those cuttings commanded my full attention. Great tip from Jim to put on the north side of the house to give more rooting time in late spring.

This Green Elephant group is the best thing that happened to our gardens!

Corrine (& James)

Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 7:15PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Indoor growing
Is there any eye protection needed when growing under...
BobSchmokel
WANTED: Marionberry Cutting(Redmond Microsoft)
Anyone have any extra Marionberry suckers or will allow...
Brandon_the_Random
Looking for Oriental or Asiatic lilies, hostas, ferns
Need color and fragrance for shade garden as well as...
Catt Foy
WANTED: Tetrapanax Papyrifer
Hi, Looking for pups or seeds for this plant in the...
Aranya
WANTED: Tommy Toe tomatoes
I have: Henderson's Pink Ponderosa tomatoes from Baker...
briergardener_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™