WANTED: Looking for succulents/jades

roadworthyAugust 7, 2012

Hello everyone:) I have been searching the internet for a place to purchase plant cuttings in Canada with no look. I am a couple years new to houseplants and am finding that succulents and cacti in particular really love the upstairs of our home. I have one Jade that I purchased 2 years ago at a fundraiser. My foster son brought home a tiny cactus plant from school that has doubled in size. He has really enjoyed learning to care for it. The grocery stores here carry a very limited supply of plants. If anyone has any neat varieties of Jades or cactus that can share a clipping please contact me. I can offer a jade clipping in return but it is the basic crassula (?sp) I have no problem paying for shipping and your efforts just let me know what is fair. Thanks so much in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blueiris3(6a SW ON)

Hi,
The place in Ontario to get succulents is Belgian Nurseries between Guelph and Cambridge, they easily have over 60 kinds. I treated myself to a bunch of their succulents this spring. I don't know if they do mail order - I've emailed them to find out - I'm curious too since it's too far for me to go without another purpose in the area. I can send you leaves from a few kinds, some seem to be much better than others at taking root, but my spotty watering may be the cause of that. No need for a trade I grew a bevy of plain jade plants from a friend's cuttings and will be giving them away to whoever will take them to make room for fancy geraniums cuttings to overwinter in the fall. Would you also be interested in a plant of 'Mother of millions'? It goes by many names. It grows mini plants at the edges of it's leaves, which fall off and take root where they land. From one plant I now have at least two class sets for a friend's children come September.

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 11:29AM
blueiris3(6a SW ON)

Here is the speedy Belgian Nurseries' response: We do not do any mail order, sorry. I am not familiar with any websites for propagating succulents, mixed results are quite common when taking cuttings/rooting from leaves.
Good to hear that you are enjoying the planters you made, succulents are a lot of fun to work with!

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 1:10PM
luckynes13(6a)

I am not sure where you are located, but can I suggest you ask a local recycling group at yahoo groups, or even Craiglist or Kijiji. Someone might give some to you for free in your home town if you ask nicely. Gardeners are like that.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 4:31PM
pennymacdonald(4b)

Hi..if you email me at penmac@sympatico.ca I will tell you where you can purchase many different kinds of succulents.
Penny

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 6:57AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Leslie Street Allotment gardens toronto
Slightly off topic perhaps but before I leap in for...
randaloulton
WANTED: Looking for creeping jenny (lysimachia)
I'd love a few bags full of creeping jenny (lysimachia)....
sherylgallant
WANTED: Apple and pear scions
I am both looking for and willing to trade many varieties...
DoctorB73
HAVE: commercial seeds
I have a good quantity of commercial seed packets that...
tegwyn
Looking for apricot seeds like Morden 604
I live in Fredericton, NB and would like to grow some...
rickrod01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™