Something i've been wanting to tell you all....

marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern OntarioDecember 25, 2006

Dh and i found out a couple of months ago that we are going to be "actual" grandparents (our present little grandguy is not really ours - he's the son of a girl our son lived with for a couple of years, but we love him as if he's our own). Anyway, this same son has a new girlfriend and they're expecting at the end of June next year. :) Since she already has two kids, she told Eddie that she only wanted one more (he says she didn't read the fine print, though!), so we've been teasing her that it's going to be twins. She hasn't been able to get in to see a doctor yet - our wonderful medical system - but has an appointment in the middle of January, so we'll hear all the details then. So far, the date is a guess, and i think they want to find out if it's a boy or girl, so maybe we'll know that then as well. I'll keep you posted.

(I really want it to be a little girl!)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pudge 2b

Well congratulations, Gramma! That's wonderful news.

Bookmark   December 25, 2006 at 12:11PM
sazzyrose(2b Sk)

Congratulations Marcia. I've got news too. I'm going to be a grandma again as well. My oldest son and his girlfriend are expecting in July.
Devon is a little blue though because he had to work this Christmas.
Anyone else with exciting news?
Shelley

Bookmark   December 25, 2006 at 2:02PM
marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario

Congratulations to you too, Shelley! I'm sure we'll be swapping grandbaby pics along with pictures of roses! LOL

Bookmark   December 25, 2006 at 9:49PM
SeaOtterCove(2b BC)

Congratulations to both Marcia and Shelley. That is really great news.

Syreeta

Bookmark   December 26, 2006 at 2:04PM
SeaOtterCove(2b BC)

Congratulations to both Marcia and Shelley. That is really great news.

Syreeta

Bookmark   December 26, 2006 at 2:05PM
northspruce(z3a MB CDA)

Wow that is exciting! Looking forward to updates...

Bookmark   December 26, 2006 at 7:31PM
Crazy_Gardener(Z2b AB Canada)

Congratulations Marcia and Shelley, what great Christmas news!

Bookmark   December 27, 2006 at 5:12PM
luv2gro(z3a AB)

What terrific news for both of you! Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing the baby pics added to our family album on the gallery.

Shauna

Bookmark   December 27, 2006 at 6:22PM
sazzyrose(2b Sk)

I'd love to post pictures of the new edition to the family this summer. It will be easy I hope, because I ordered a new computer the other day. Dell phoned my house to let me know about their boxing day sale. I was looking for a new one (because my USB ports have died on my existing one) and decided not to pass up on the deal.

Devon will be home for Christmas tomorrow and then I will get to see his girlfriends growing tummy. I'm getting excited.

He would have been home already, but some gas station in AB put diesel in his truck instead of gas. Four hrs and $350 later, he was able to start travelling again. Where are some peoples heads?

Shelley

Bookmark   December 28, 2006 at 3:55AM
Laurie_z3_MB(sw MB)

Congratulations Marcia and Shelley! Just think of what fun next Christmas will be for you both with new little ones around.

Shelley, good thing it wasn't gas in a diesel engine.........that's a MUCH bigger dilema!

Bookmark   December 30, 2006 at 5:23PM
CrazyDaisy_68

Congratulations Marcia! That's fantastic news!

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 11:54AM
CrazyDaisy_68

Congrats to Shelley too! (... it's still early a.m. on New Years Day ... and sure does help to read through the posts! LOL)

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 11:56AM
mytime(3/4 Alaska)

I became a grandma for the second time last Sunday (a boy to go with our daughter's little girl), and found out Christmas day that our son and his fiancee are expecting a baby in August. Being grandparents is such fun...Congratulations everyone!

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 12:02AM

And congratulations to you too!

A bit of an update - Sandy's due date is June 17th. The doctor hears only one heartbeat. :) I think she had a big sigh of relief when she heard that! LOL

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 12:16AM
Crazy_Gardener(Z2b AB Canada)

How many booties can you knit by then Marcia? LOL

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 12:43AM

I don't know what i'm going to do - she's already been buying litte outfits! I did give her a gift bag full of baby things for Christmas, making sure that i added some Toronto Maple Leaf socks (Eddie's a Montreal fan, the traitor...). I have a blanket made and i also have a little dress that was supposed to be a gift for someone else and never quite made it. Since she will be a summer baby, she won't need much in the line of sweaters and blankets.

I'm going to ask Mike if he'll attempt making a change table for them. We have a crib that he made and a cradle that a friend made, so they'll have that. I can fix up sheets and things and maybe my mother-in-law will do a little quilt.

Still waiting for her to have the ultrasound to find out for sure that it's a girl - the ring on a chain said it was! :)

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 4:13PM
sazzyrose(2b Sk)

Last weekend I got to see pictures of the newest addition to be. I'm thinking , a boy. We'll see if I'm right.
Marcia, I guess we'll be gramdma's together. Jacquelines due date is June 19th. I'm getting excited.
Shelley

Bookmark   February 22, 2007 at 9:05PM

We'll have to start a pool, Shelley! LOL I'm getting excited too! The ultrasound is next week, so i'll let you all know what the results are then. I hope i haven't jinxed it with all this wishing for a girl!

Bookmark   February 22, 2007 at 10:17PM
More Discussions
Mushrooms...help needed
Ok, while they are not holding me to it, the local...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
So How Many?
Yeah, its winter and I am bored being stuck inside...
Heat Mats
How many of you use a heat mat for seed germination? Our...
nutsaboutflowers
winter growing...getting over the blues
Well I am really late starting this year as we normally...
Grapes that survived (zone 2b)
all my grapes pulled through, except for a straggly...
intotheark
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™