My flowerbed

wyndrose(8)April 14, 2014

Finally got all my top soil today for my first cottage flowerbed, went to a meeting at my sons school was planning on starting planting when I got home. I came home to this. Hubby and oldest son got my plants and put them in for me and got a few of their own. Oh well there is all ways next year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
schoolhouse_gw

Marigolds and cabbages? Sounds like a garden in a fairy tale. So nice they helped you! but also would have been nice if they had included you in the decision. ha. I'm guessing at the marigolds, which flowers did you decide to plant? annuals or perennials?

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 9:21PM
gardenweed_z6a

When I moved here, there were long-established garden beds. All of them were square, rectangular or foundation beds. That didn't work for me, even though at the time I wasn't certain WHY it didn't.

One look at your flowerbed gave me the answer--I don't like that look (I apologize if you do!!).

As you say, there's always next year. Best of luck.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 9:53PM
wyndrose(8)

I am doing both types of plants and yes there are marigolds . I don't care much for the shape but I rent so I can only put above ground in.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 5:57AM
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Hey, don't knock it :) if this means they've caught the gardening bug you can't imagine how useful all that brawn will come in handy in future years, ask me how I know this LOL.
Would it be possible to put in one more bed, if you drew up a dream plan, showed it to your two helpers do you think they might go along with it, if not as you say there's always next year.
It looks like all annuals so all is not lost they will be gone come fall, you could replant with perennials then and pop in some annuals next spring.

Annette

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
Boxwood not looking good
It's blowing snow and cold here today and the boxwood...
schoolhouse_gw
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
echinacea pink double delight
6 plants propagated from a single stem late last nov....
daves10
Building my Irish Shed
Hi everyone, I've been admiring all the lovely garden...
camaria
Wanting to sow my wild flower seeds, have questions
Recently a gas line was installed in front of our house...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™