Hello to Everybody on the Far North Forum

marilenav1March 12, 2008

Hi Everybody on the Far North Forum,

It has been quite some time since I've had a chance to post as my schedule has been exhausting and I've spent most of the last 18 months working 7 days a week.

I've had a chance to read some of the threads on the forum and I want to congratulate all of the moms and grandmothers with new additions. In October, my daughter had her first child, Peter - I've attached a picture of him. Although I feel I'm too 'young' to be a grandmother, I am really enjoying my visits with him. My daughter and her husband live about an hour from us in Ottawa (we are about 10 km from the Ontario border in Quebec).

I can see that everybody is still busy with wintersowing. I have had great success with this method and I find that most of the seeds (especially perennials) germinate very well with this method - thanks to Sharon and Marcia for teaching me all about it.

I will try to post a little more often - I've missed my GardenWeb friends.

Marilena

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Crazy_Gardener(Z2b AB Canada)

Long time no hear Marileana, good to see you back.

Your lit' Peter is sure a sweetie, congratulations!

I have a few days off next week, I'd better get started on my wintersowing too.

Hope to see you around the FN forum more often ;)
Sharon

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 3:22PM
Laurie_z3_MB(sw MB)

Congratulations Marileana! He's got the most beautiful eyes!

Yup, pretty much everyone here is itching for spring to come.....March can be a very tediously loooong month.:(

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 9:28PM
northspruce(z3a MB CDA)

Hi Marilena, welcome back! Peter's such a handsome little guy! He's just one month older than my Elizabeth.

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 2:56AM
marilenav1

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the compliments on my grandson Peter. My daughter really loves dressing him up and he looks like a little man with all the outfits she buys him.

He's a really big baby and at 5 months he weighs 19 pounds and is the height of a 1 year old. My daughter is 5'11" and her husband is 6'2" so I guess this explains it.

He's such a good baby and I have never heard him cry.

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 3:23AM
marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario

Oh, he is a sweetheart with those big blue eyes! Just wait - Darius is 9 months old now and so much fun! Being a grandma is great. I'm finding that i enjoy Darius in a way i didn't have the time to enjoy my own kids, which is a little sad. But that's the way it is, i guess. But hey, crawling around after a baby is a lot of fun! And hearing her say "Bye-bye" and seeing her point to a baby in a book - there are just no words! :)

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
climbing roses
Hi, I'm considering pillaring some climbing roses....
rosecanadian
Reine des Violettes
Hi, I was wondering if anyone who has been growing...
true_blue
Anyone Growing Peaches in the far north??
Hi, I bought two contender peach trees last year. Everyone...
troman1973
Tradescantia Overwintering and Cultural requirement
Tradescantia �Blue and Gold�...
dongdong
Posting a picture from photobucket.
Over in the hosta forum I've learned how to post a...
north53 Z1b MB
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™