Abutilon!

katsols(7b)March 20, 2012

I recently got a an abutilon kristens pink and i love it so much and it's very pretty. I stumbled upon it on the logee's website and it was a little tough finding info on this plant.

Here is a picture of its first flower, i was so busy with college i forgot to take one when it was fully opened, it looks a bit like a miniature hibiscus. My abutilon is a little bigger compared to the pic and it's about to give me two flowers =]

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

bump

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 9:23AM
morningloree(9b)

My Abutilon likes only morning sun, they are beautiful plants, very similar to hibiscus.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 10:39PM
janomillionth

My Abutilons are in partial shade. My dog picked the first one out at the nursery. Over a year, it grew from about 12" to about 3-4'. That was after I planted it in the ground a few feet from my dog compost site which is dug into the clay soil. I noticed that the extra nitrogen shot it up fast.
Then I planted a mottled one that was a few feet tall when I got that one. It is over 10-12' tall and is above the roof. Since I cannot reach that and do not have a ladder, it is still tall. I am thinking about cutting off a few feet on the side branches I can reach, start new plants from cuttings, and try to urge the plant to grow more lateral branches. I love the Abutilons. Mine have scales but I heard that the Lady Bugs like to nest around the scales so their grub can eat off them. I need some more plants that draw more Lady Bugs so they can take care of the Abutilons. These are some of my favorite plants.

Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 11:53PM
More Discussions
flower id?
Saw this growing in someones front yard and took a...
ironious
Which flower is this? Petunias?
I have these in my garden and don't know what they...
Someusername
what is wrong with pyrus capital
The leaves have appeared variegated suddenly overnight...
paperdaisy
My favorite plants for this year 2014
Geraniums - so many different colors, and no bug problems,...
steelskies
sharing garden club ideas or topics
Started a garden club locally and would like to hear...
nancy - mi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™