OT Kay, Are You In Flooded Areas?

avedon_gwMay 19, 2013

I was looking at the Weather Channel, and until I saw their report, I didn't know that central Alabama was having flooding. Hope you and any others around these areas are okay, let us know. Avedon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks you for asking, Avedon, but we are fine. the rains came north, east, and south of us but once again the good Lord took care of us. The flooding was tremendous and even washed out several roads. Alabama has had a generous amount of rain this year, and the rivers were pretty high. Some areas got 10 inches in a 24 hour period. Wow!

kay

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 5:38PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

I am glad your area is fine.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 6:14PM
Julia NY(6)

The storms seem to be never ending in the south and midwest. Glad to hear your not in the affected areas. The tornadoes just seem to be coming one after another now.

Julia

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 6:55PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

so Glad you are ok, KAY,I didn't know you had floods in your area, but, seems that every one is getting a lot of rain and bad storms, weather channel says we are in for storms every day this coming week starting on Tuesday, through Saturday.ITs vevery sprin these bad storms come around.I just hope we ALL can stay safe and injoy our gardens.We had one day back in the mid 70's that we got 13.5 inches of rain in less then 24 hrs. was a mess.

Jean

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 11:42PM
More Discussions
Looking better...Knee and Spring's Arrival
January 10th, while walking across a level floor, carrying...
organic_kitten
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
Voles have started....again!
Have found the first vole tunnel in a while...in the...
organic_kitten
Weather?
Off topic, just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing...
Nancy zone 6
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™