Blackeyed Stella Clump + A Surprise

avedon_gwMay 20, 2013

Blackeye Stella was pumping out the flowers today, thought it would be nice to send a picture. Also, a really big second bloom on Wild Horses. The surprise is our recycled clock that has now become garden "art". We made it into a flower, and believe it or not, I saw a hummingbird hovering around it for a few seconds. Guess it decided it wouldn't be a good nectar source--LOL. Avedon

Blackeyed Stella Clump

Wild Horses Second Flower Open

Our Metal "Flower" I had to take the picture this way or else the "petals" don't show up very well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Your stella clump is very pretty,(and big) very nice and the wild horses has a nice second bloom also.Very pretty daylily,and I do love your garden art, too.What a nice idea..guess the hummingbird thought anything that looks like that should have some nectar some where in it :))

jean

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 3:57PM
Julia NY(6)

Nice pic of BLACK EYED STELLA. She is a blooming machine when she gets going.
I love the garden art. Very creative. So was the frame of the clock like that and you just painted or ?

Julia

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 5:00PM
avedon_gw

Thank you Jean and Julia for your comments. The clock frame was black and the center was gold with the numbers and hands in black. I thought Watermelon Pink would be a nice color for the flower, and I used a pink gerbera daisy for my guide on how to paint the center. That was done with paint pens. My husband sprayed it with a clear polyurethane to protect it. Avedon

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 7:50PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

I love recycled garden art! I do that myself with things I don't want to part with....all it takes is a little creativity. Yours is so cute and what a great idea. I am sure the hummingbirds were attracted to that hot pink color! I know in my yard they are all over anything red or bright pink. Your daylily clump looks terrific. Just look at all those open blooms!
Wild Horses is very eyecatching too. Thanks for the enjoyable post.

Celeste

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 11:16PM
Nancy zone 6

That is a nice clump of BE Stella! Love the garden art.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 4:14AM
houstmag

Very nice looking blooms and I love your garden art you sure have a great imagination.
Linda

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 8:18AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

An impressive clump of Black Eyed Stella! And your garden art if super fantstic. What a great and very creative idea. So pretty.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 11:13AM
More Discussions
finally got into this forum,and have to learn how to do it
I had to really hunt to find this forum again and couldn't...
jean zone 8 Ar.
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
As I Promised, Photos...Spring's Coming
Here you go, As I said, it is just the beginning, but...
organic_kitten
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™