HAVE: moonflower vine- very early!

bev_w(6a)October 30, 2007

Last year I traded for some moonflower vine (Ipomoea alba) that turned out to be quite special. As usual I started them three weeks early in 4" pots indoors, but these vines bloomed in mid-July-- a good month earlier than normal, even for zone 6. For the first time I actually had seedpods mature before frost. The flowers were on the small side, but the scent was the typical strong and gorgeous moonflower.

I have three trades of five seeds each-- no SASBEs for these, please.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wendy2shoes

Hi Bev..My moonflower has been hit by frost, and I have doubts about the few seedpods I've gleaned..mine look like little dried up tulips (?) Totally different than any other Ipomoea I've grown. Anyhoo..I'd like to trade for them if possible. Do you need a tall, grass-like plant? I have 'kaffir corn' seeds..the make an excellent tall 'centre' in a bed, or perhaps honeywort, for blue-green foliage, or 6 billion red texas sage seeds (thanks to jimmy jo-jo!) I also have dwarf convoluvus if you are interested (photo attached). Let me know if we can swap. Thanks..wendy

Bookmark   November 1, 2007 at 11:19PM
bev_w(6a)

Hi Wendy, Ok, now I see the photo--the e-mail link didn't work. Lovely little Convolvulus! Hard to believe these are related to the dreaded bindweed. I have just the spot for them. Just sent you an e-mail.

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 12:50PM
wendy2shoes

Hi Bev..no email as yet (I should know your addy by now, but I've been dumping old messages). Please try again, meanwhile I'll search my archives.
Wendy

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 6:37PM
wendy2shoes

Found it..Port Burwell, right? I've only got about 6-7 seeds but you're welcome to them. I'll throw something else in for fun.

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 6:42PM
More Discussions
WANTED: wanted Big Zac tomato seeds please....
Hi . I'm looking for a few Big Zac tomato seeds, please...
herbeapuce
HAVE: Seeds - Not Often Offered Here Anymore!
Due to changes at GW I would like to offer my seed...
sharont
editing your list
Anyone know how to edit your exchange list?
marricgardens
WANTED: Where to find Different Hoya's in Canada
Hello, has anyone found a place to get different specie...
rcharles_gw
WANTED: Who is Up for some Pepper Seed trades?
If Anybody is interested in trading some pepper seeds...
goodseedcharlie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™