WANTED: gaura 'summer breeze' & white buddleia

bev_w(6a)October 15, 2008

Hi all,

The "Summer Breeze" Gaura is reputedly more cold hardy than the other varieties and if I can find some seed, I'll give it one more try. Is anyone growing "Summer Breeze" in Canadian zone 6 or colder? Got seeds?

I'm also looking for any WHITE flowering Buddleia.

Here's my trade list: http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/bev_w

- Bev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sharont(z5 can)

Hi Bev,
I have several Gauras located in my rose bed that return each year. That bed gets lots of snow cover.
The seed came from Australia and I can barely believe they have returned three years! One has a white with pink tinged flower. The pink species also returns but doesn't seem as prolific (less stems). I'm watching seed ripen presently. Also watching the white butterfly bush flower heads. They don't ripen until next month.
If you don't find someone sooner with seeds, email me in November.

Bookmark   October 16, 2008 at 12:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bev_w(6a)

Thanks for the offer. I'm in no rush, so I'll say yes to the white "prolific" Gaura and the white Buddleia.

Insulation is our problem here in the banana belt. We don't get consistent snow cover. Also, I had my Gauras in fairly rich soil in a hollow dug into a former gravel driveway. I think the drainage wasn't good enough.

Next time I try Gaura I'm going to put them in sand and just fertilize if/when necessary.

I just looked at your trade list and noticed your liking for orange-toned flowers. I saved seed from a gorgeous orange/salmon Zinnia. The original variety was "Lilliput mixed" but I haven't been selecting for dwarfness. These guys are 4 to 5 feet tall in my garden. But, of course, they're annuals. Let me know.

- Bev

Bookmark   October 16, 2008 at 12:50PM
More Discussions
newby looking for seeds..
Hi. I m new here..hi everyone I m looking for seeds....
juelzy
HAVE: commercial seeds
I have a good quantity of commercial seed packets that...
tegwyn
editing your list
Anyone know how to edit your exchange list?
marricgardens
Have veggie seeds to trade.
Hiya all! I can't figure out how to change my exchange...
Nicky
WANTED: updated list available
http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/marric
marricgardens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™