Seed planting

schoolhouse_gwMay 4, 2014

Gosh, I wondering when I'll ever get my flower seeds in the ground here. It's still cool and the ground so wet. Maybe by Memorial Day the sun will finally warm things up and dry us out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

You've had so much to deal with this past winter, I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come. Could you plant some of your seeds in flats, put out on nice days, brought in at night, transplant out later? I've got nicotiana and some campanula seed started this way. Also I'm trying on the vegetable side for the first time some rat-tail radish, you eat the immature seedpods. Anyone have any experience with it?

Our winter was weird too but nothing like yours, I almost lost my rhubarb which usually grows like a bad weed here . The whole centre of the patch rotted. Freezing doesn't hurt rhubarb in fact cold winters is what it likes. The only thing I can think what happened is our winter was so mild for most of it and then BAM into the deep freeze the new tender shoots had started to grow and then the freeze. I did manage to save a few small crowns but no rhubarb picking this year :(.

Annette

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 11:22AM
More Discussions
Received my seeds today
So psyched !!! Can't wait for spring !!!!
Cenepk10
Gardenweb and the Houzz Team.
I know Gardenweb is now part of the Houzz Team,..however...
nulty
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
Forum changed ALOT
OMGosh, this whole forum completely changed! WHen did...
todancewithwolves
Building my Irish Shed
Hi everyone, I've been admiring all the lovely garden...
camaria
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™