White lilies

valleyrimgirl(2b)July 30, 2006

As to the discussion...Lilies Part 2, Shelley was asking about clean white lilies.

These are the white lilies I have. All of them are large enough that I could divide them. I will put the size and where I received them from behind the name.

New Wave... 15" upfacing lily from the Lily Nook.

Navonna... 3' upfacing lily from the Lily Nook.

Blizzard... 3' lily from friends who hybridize lilies. Picture was taken in the shade. This lily is a pure white lily.

Now, to white lilies with spots...

Sterling Star...3' upfacing lily from friends who hybridize lilies. This is a lily that people love. I have divided this one and sold it at my perennial sale in the spring and people come back later and comment on how much they like this one. People seem to love the maroon spots on this lily.

Royal Lace...LA, 3' lily from the Lily Nook. Kind of an ivory white with a few spots.

Avalanche...3' upfacing lily from the Lily Nook. I love the black pencil edge on this one and the few spots inside it.

Antarctica...3' upfacing lily from the Lily Nook. This one has no spots and is a creamy white with lime green nectaries.

Pastel A & C...I must explain this one. My son, when in Junior Gardeners Club back in 1998 recieved a gift certificate from GardenImport. He chose a pastel mixture of lilies from them. When we received them I labelled them Pastel A, B and C. So...this is Pastel A & C. It stands 3' tall and has a few dark brown spots in it.

The last lily that I have downloaded this morning is Jubileo. It is a white upfacing lily with a yellow flush in the middle and has a few peppery spots in the center. It stands 3' tall and I got it originally at the Lily Nook.

Hope you all enjoyed my white lilies. Let's see yours.

Brenda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Laurie_z3_MB(sw MB)

LA 'Royal Dream' is also a very clean white one.

And for orientals, you can't beat 'Casablanca'. If you have room for it in a south-facing bed, it should come up fine.

Brenda, I think what I've been calling Antarctica is actually Avalanche, because it's got more spots and some flowers have that black edge. Will have to change the name tag on it ;^)

Laurie

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 10:12AM
sierra_z2b

Oooohhhhhhhh white lilies are my favorite!!!!
Thanks for posting these Brenda and Laurie.

I have several white lilies and am always adding more.LOL.

Sierra

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 11:00AM
sazzyrose(2b Sk)

I like them all too. I'm partial to New Wave and and Sterling Star.
Dang I can't wait until my lilies really get going so I can really do some trading.
Thanks for posting this girls.
Shelley

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 1:30PM
valleyrimgirl(2b)

When I am dividing this fall...maybe I will just have to send them to you, Shelley and you will just 'owe' me an exchange later. Email me and we'll work something out.

Brenda

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 1:40PM
venuscat(3a CANADA)

Brenda,

How about an exchange with me as well? I have other lilies as well you might be interested.

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 3:37PM
valleyrimgirl(2b)

Oh, you guys!!!!

Email me and I will send you an invite to look in Futurephoto at my albums where I transfer my pictures in and sort all the pictures. You can choose your wish list from there okay? It is much easier than printing out my list of plants from my yard.

Shelley, look for your invite.

Venuscat, I will need your email address to do so.

Brenda

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 4:07PM
venuscat(3a CANADA)

Brenda,

You got mail!

venuscat

Bookmark   August 19, 2006 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
Has anyone tried bale gardens?
Due to my rampant quack grass this summer I took out...
CLBlakey
Disappearing seedlings, help requested
I have never had problems with damping off only losing...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
germinating rose seeds
What is a good way to start roses from seed, I picked...
wayne
Heat Mats
How many of you use a heat mat for seed germination? Our...
nutsaboutflowers
Finally!
Even my daffodils, south side close to house, are popping...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™