Gardening photos, bring on the shutterbugs!!

grumpygardenguy(7 northern AL)June 9, 2004

I haven't seen a post on garden related photos, so thought i'd start one. I don't know if there are many shutterbugs out there, but i suppose we can find out. Don't think there should be any rules other then the 50k rule of gardenweb, if you post a photo, as opposed to a link. Other then that any garden related critters, types of plants or whathaveyou, can be artsy fartsy or just plain ol favorite plant, least favorite plant, favorite garden critter, least favorite garden pest.

Here are a few to start things off

The birds and bees

a bugs eye view of a portion of my garden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MeMyselfAndI(5/6 central OH)

Here are some of my fav. pics from the past couple years.

Bookmark   June 9, 2004 at 10:35AM
Frizzle(z6 PA)

:)
Friz

Bookmark   June 10, 2004 at 3:20PM
grumpygardenguy(7 northern AL)

I want that spider to come eat my hibiscus sawfly caterpillers, i hate using sevin dust.

Wish i had some butterflies though, not a one has come around, just those white ones and i think they are really moths.

Bookmark   June 10, 2004 at 3:30PM
MeMyselfAndI(5/6 central OH)

There are several kinds of white butterflies in AL. You might see more butterflies if you stop using chemicals in your yard.

Bookmark   June 16, 2004 at 10:39AM
grumpygardenguy(7 northern AL)

not many shutterbugs on gardenweb it seems. you don't have to have a 2 grand camera and 10 grand lens to take pictures, your basic everyday digital is good enough. Photo doesn't have to be a study of light, shadow, contrast and clarity........ to post it, it Doesn't have to be one that wins UNEP gold, just a regular old photo that you like of a plant you like or critter you hate, Like an icky giant slug or whathaveyou.

I know you all take photos....... I see them in whats this plant, whats this bug posts. SO i know you have a favorite mystery plant or a creepy critter photo somewhere.

Bookmark   June 16, 2004 at 4:08PM
dighappy(z7 NJ)

Ok here are some of my garden shots....

I'm not so sure why the spider picture is so large as I reduced it before inserting into the message....I am still very new to this posting of pictures thing.

Bookmark   June 19, 2004 at 11:01PM
tracey_nj6(6)

Great idea and great pics! Here are a few of my favorite photos (thanks for letting me share):

Ralph (male mallard), Alice (female mallard), Dork (squirrel)

Goldfinch on rudbeckia:

Viceroy butterfly on buddleia:

2 Monarchs on buddleia:

Bookmark   June 24, 2004 at 10:51AM
PRO
Nell Jean

All my photos are favs. You can see many of them on my web site. While you're there, GrmpGarGuy, check out the lists of plants that attract butterflies and the host plants. You probably have more butterflies than you realize and as summer wears on you'll see more unless you're really using an abundance of chemicals.

Loved the photo of the peonies -- you don't see them where I garden -- and the bronze dahlia. We used to have one that color but a different shape when I was a child, called 'Jane Kuhl' -- I was middle aged before I knew it wasn't "Jane Cool."

Here is a link that might be useful: Nell's home pages

Bookmark   July 2, 2004 at 7:01PM
peggy1155(z6 PA)

Wow, what gorgeous pictures. How come so many of mine come out blurry. I've been trying to get a picture of the hummingbird moth that comes to my butterfly bush for days. Every time I think I have it, I download it and I can barely see the little thing. LOL!

Bookmark   July 3, 2004 at 1:17AM
dighappy(z7 NJ)

WOW...Tracey great pics.....love the goldfinch one.

Bookmark   July 28, 2004 at 9:46PM
enchantedplace

Enjoying all your pictures. My favorite thing is all the life our gardens attract including hummingbirds, butterflies, lizards, toads... You are invited to click on My Page to view our garden photos. EP

Bookmark   August 5, 2004 at 8:45AM
More Discussions
sunflower seedlings losing leaves
My sunfower seedlings keep losing all their leaves,...
paulhtremblay
My favorite plants for this year 2014
Geraniums - so many different colors, and no bug problems,...
steelskies
what is wrong with pyrus capital
The leaves have appeared variegated suddenly overnight...
paperdaisy
what's the most expensive plant you ever bought?
The highest price I've paid was for a Lycaste virinalis....
Nigella
flower id?
Saw this growing in someones front yard and took a...
ironious
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™