Favorite bug?

ocbird(9CA)June 28, 2003

Don't know if this has been posted before.

My favorites are ladybugs, dragonflies, praying mantis, and, though i know they are "pests", i really like grasshoppers.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FlowersR4Me

I like grasshoppers too! My faves are Praying mantids, Ladybugs, Butterflies, and dragonflies. Hummingbird Moths are cool too!

~Dana~

Bookmark   June 30, 2003 at 9:56PM
valeriegail

Big fat bumble bees. I once stuck my nose in a flower to smell and hit a bumble bee on the bum, he was so fuzzy, and no I did not get stung! I love watching them lumber along in the flowers.

Bookmark   July 1, 2003 at 4:12PM
fishcookie(z9bCA Sunset 19)

Hneybees and Butterflies. Love the buzzing, and the lovely colors. Also Dragonflies and praying Mantids.

Bookmark   July 1, 2003 at 4:14PM
CherylCinVA(z7a VA)

I love lightning bugs! When I was little I thought they were magical. Maybe they are . . .

Bookmark   July 1, 2003 at 8:40PM
Knarly_6(z5 Wi)

I like fire flies.I wish I knew how they did that?

Bookmark   July 2, 2003 at 9:36PM
bronwynspetalpatch

Oh lets see... I LOVE fireflies... they are so friendly! really! When I walk over to one I spot, it seems to hover around me to say hello... they don't seem to be affraid. I will not grab for them, but cup my hand just below one and it always lands on my hand for me! Can anyone else do this? Butterflies are wonderful of course...Praying Mantis Every year (this year it was late June) we see babies all over...by summers end we only see one though (I hear they eat each other for 'territory' until only one remians in the yard)Lady bugs are so very pretty on a leaf!(although I don't like the neon yellow pee they leave on my hand!:O)Dragon Flies are awesome to see...I hear their life span is only 24 hours???? could that be true?? And those great big chubby fuzzy bumble bees!! like flying teddy bears bouncing around the garden!

Here is a link that might be useful: Praying Mantis baby!

Bookmark   July 9, 2003 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
Baby crepe myrtle or weed?
Haven't mowed the lawn in a few weeks since it's been...
mattp321
flower id?
Saw this growing in someones front yard and took a...
ironious
Present idea for a gardener/fruit farmer
My husband has become a fruit farmer/gardener. He researches...
kardomr
Flower ID
I've seen these in a few people's yards near my house....
kmccullough
Favorites - another forum sucking me in!
Gardening is a CHORE! Five years ago I only started...
kay21_utahzone5a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™