Plants that didn't live up to the Hype

entlingJune 15, 2007

I had to get Polemium 'Brise d'Anjou,' it looked so beautiful in the pictures & was talked up so much. In my garden it sulked. Then it died. Following the "kill it 3 times rule," I tried it again in a different spot. This time it bloomed. And died. Try try again. Final score 0 for 3. I'm afraid to try P. 'Snow & Sapphires.' Now I grow P. 'Stairway to Heaven' instead. Could be the basis for a Rock N Roll garden theme?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowerluvr(Z5 IN)

Heuchera 'Amber Waves'. I also applied the "kill it three times" rule, and that was that. Really a shame, too because I have a couple of nice field stones that played off of the color perfectly. I've moved on to some other cultivars in that color range, and we'll see what happens.
Lol, great minds......I ordered an iris 'Stairway to Heaven', I'm eyeing a coreopsis 'Jethro Tull', and just got Baptisia alba 'Wayne's World'. There are all kinds of "inside jokes" in my garden-I'm easily amused ;)
Brenda

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 8:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katielovesdogs(z5b/6a Indiana)

My Razzmatazz echinacea only occassionly throws out the desired flowers pictured in the catalogues. It has way more really ugly single blooms with big centers.

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 8:24PM
More Discussions
Which flower is this? Petunias?
I have these in my garden and don't know what they...
Someusername
Gardening in a pet's memory
Please, I have a request... Pet loss continues to be...
MarshaO
what's the most expensive plant you ever bought?
The highest price I've paid was for a Lycaste virinalis....
Nigella
Dumbest Place to Plant Something
Oh my goodness, some people just have slow blood flow...
Ipomoea - 7
Favorite & least favorite tree(s) and Why?
What is your favorite tree (or trees) and why? What...
Greenthumb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™