WANTED: Fresh silver maple seeds

dirtslinger2(6)October 6, 2007

Looking for silver maple seeds(Acer saccharinum, and not the sugar maple A. saccharum)

If you have these, and are sure they are viable seeds (lots of seedlings popping up under those trees?) Please let me know and I'm sure we can work out a trade.

I have a mix of exotics, veggies, and common seeds too.

Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
imagooch(zone 6a Chatham ON)

THey come down by the ton in the spring - I have lots of seedlings that have germinated in my garden, if you live down my way, you can have them. I live in Chatham and could possibly give you at least six to ten seedlings about 8-15 inches high. Come spring, though I ccould give you a huge pail full of the seeds with wings. Normally, I clear cut - yank them out by the handful.
The question is why do you want silver maples - to me they are just big weeds - grow fast, and shed seeds like mad.
Anne

Bookmark   October 14, 2007 at 10:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirtslinger2(6)

Hello- Although I'd love your seedlings, I'm in BC, and shipping may be a bit risky. I'd be interested to trade something for seedlings if you are open to sending by mail.
I'd like to get a dozen or so growing out on the acreage. Seems they love water and grow exceptionally fast- they'd bring shade to me and the livestock- while the "good" trees are taking root. In time the silvers will be cut down to make room for the other shade trees. I read they break easily in wind/ice storms so they aren't permanent trees- just functional.

Bookmark   October 15, 2007 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
african violet round robin anyone?
Or just trades? C'mon, surely we can find a handful...
froeschli
WANTED: newbys
careful who you trade with. i just sent 100 hot hungarian...
gro2can
WANTED: Verbena bonariensis
Looking for seeds of this plant please. Contact me...
signet_gw
WANTED: are we- springbank 4
another one full and 2 days away hopefully the rain...
navygirl01
Have veggie seeds to trade.
Hiya all! I can't figure out how to change my exchange...
Nicky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™