Seems the season is starting

organic_kitten(8)May 25, 2014

I have become worthless about getting out and taking photos...it was almost noon and the sun had been out today, so not so pretty, but I have several:

Water Drops (Saturday photo)

Fernstone Triple...sun faded but still pretty:

New Paradigm (Saturday photo)

Bob Watson:

Lime Octopus...Friday photo, this is a bonus from Bill Maryott. It actually bloomed in the Winter (In a pot moved in and out of greenhouse according to cold weather. It is a lovely green that fades to lemon yellow after a day in the sun)

Artemio is too much like Bob Watson, so it is leaving, but here today:

Colorado Moon stone:

Rowdy Red (Saturday photo) This one really deteriorated over the winter. It's always been a very healthy plant, but it is sown to a single fan...I will try petting it and see what happens:

Patricia Snider Memorial: (Saturday photo)

Purple Mask was also blooming, but faded after 5 hours of sun. Many scapes are up, and we will see how it goes.

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancy zone 6

Wonderful blooms! Patricia Snider is always a favorite, gotta get that one. New Paradigm is gorgeous too. Does Artemio just not as good a bloomer as Bob Watson? I can see they are very similar, I like the slight ruffle on the edges. You got a nice bonus, Lime Octopus looks very cool with that green hue.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 1:51PM
mantis__oh

Mint Octopus is a great color. Bud count in the pot is not all that great, but will be better in the garden. How would you describe the base color on Patricia Snider Memorial? I see pictures ranging from white to cream to yellow.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 4:20PM
Maryl zone 7a

Fernstone has been on my maybe list for awhile. How bad does it fade by late afternoon? It's still colorful in your early PM picture, but if it bleaches out to a paler color I'd like to know......... Of the three similar colored daylilies - Bob Watson, Artemio and Colo. Moonstone, I think the form on Artemio looks nicer in your pictures - plus it has a larger yellow throat. But I don't grow any of them so you are the ultimate judge. They are all pretty though, and after this winter, I'd be hesitant to pitch anything out that even marginally resembled one I really liked.....Getting parinoid I know-lol.........Maryl

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 5:44PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Well, Kay, You havem ore blooming then I do,it looks like.I really like Fermstone, That one is really pretty.I had New Paradigm blooming today, too, it was faded b y the time I went out today, too.I just haven't felt like gtting up early yo take pictures, either.Didnt sleep last night, was awake almost all night, so didn't want to go take pictures today.I don't have that many blooming yet, but, proably will have by the end of next week.Its been soo hot here last few days,and one of my ac's is not working/I have 2 small window units.

jean

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 10:59PM
jkayd_il5

I like Patricia Snider Memorial. Mine is 2 years old so should show me lots of blooms this year. Can't wait.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 8:19AM
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks for looking. Nancy, Artemio is as good a bloomer, but the substance of Bob Watson is very gorgeous, and Artemio tends to splotchiness at times. And I don't want two so similar in appearance. I was very pleasantly surprised at the color of Mint Octopus, and it will stay because it is a different color.

Mantis, PSM is anything from almost white to pale yellow in the same year. I really think the warmer temp tends to more of the yellow tint.

Maryl, Colorado Moonstone is more of a light corally orange than a pink like BW and Artemio. It also is a really good bloomerand really good repeat bloomerI like the satiny look of BW better than Artemio, so it stays. Fernstone gets no lighter than my midday photo showed. It is a really good plant.

Jean, I probably have more plants than you, so more would be blooming. i, too, have been bad about getting up early to take photos.

kay

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 11:07AM
shive(6b TN)

The pattern on Water Drops is so pretty in that photo! And I always love Patricia Snider Memorial!

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 3:51PM
More Discussions
Voles and Snow Cover
With the great weather today I did some cleanup in...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
Pet Peeves
As spring has sprung and our thoughts turn to blooms,...
Maryl zone 7a
Pauline Henry daylilies
I was brousing a couple of daylily sites the other...
Maryl zone 7a
Pink Daylily questions
I was given a bunch of the orange daylilies (last year)...
srks72
Question About Seed Sprouting
I was throwing out some old seed packets that were...
alameda/zone 8
Sponsored Products
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Nourison Rugs 2000 Olive 9 ft. 9 in. x 13 ft.
Home Depot
Walters - Earth fabric sectional with left-arm chaise
Interior Define
Kimura 3-Light Arc Nova Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Antique Rusty Clock
$110.95 | Bellacor
Area Rug: B. Smith Black 3' 3" x 5' 3" Flatweave
$91.50 | Home Depot
Night Glow Round Pattern Plates - Set of 4
| Dot & Bo
Aquatic Design II
Grandin Road
Pet Life Lightweight Folding Collapsible Zippered Easy Pet Crate - Khaki Multico
$48.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™