WANTED: Maple leaf seeds (from Ontario/Quebec) areas

silverflower(3a)November 1, 2012

Hi, I have been searching for seeds from the Eastern Provinces for such a long time. I would love it if someone would be able to send me the seed helicopters (that fall from the Maple Trees), that's what we called them when I was a kid. I live in Manitoba now, and they say that the Eastern Maples could not grow here. I would love to prove the agriculturists Wrong. Thanks to anyone who replies. Liz

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

You are a bit late for most of Ontario. Most maples have by now shed all their leaves and they've been sent to the compost pile or municipal pick up. However, I do have a Norway Maple which is decidedly one of the late shedders, and I have few piles to shread tomorrow. I'll see if I can find any good ones among them. The squirrels also eat them voraciously at this time. Will be in touch to let you know.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 1:16AM
mcpeg(5a)

I agree with Northerner_on. Make a note to yourself to post again in early May. May - April the maples drop their seeds here.
Cheers,
Peggy

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 4:44AM
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

I managed to find a handful of seeds in my two piles. They are drying and you are welcome to them. Please send me your address via my e-mail on my profile if you would like to have them.

Bookmark   November 3, 2012 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
WANTED: wanted Big Zac tomato seeds please....
Hi . I'm looking for a few Big Zac tomato seeds, please...
herbeapuce
HAVE: hostas & peonies
Anyone interested in trading plants? I have many peonies...
hmacflower
HAVE: commercial seeds
I have a good quantity of commercial seed packets that...
tegwyn
Knifovia, or Red Hot Poker
I'll try this again, now that my email is synced with...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
african violet round robin anyone?
Or just trades? C'mon, surely we can find a handful...
froeschli
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™