New favorite fuchsia.....

alison(6b/OH)June 20, 2002

Okay; this is my first favorite fuchsia! Normally I don't like them all that much; they look like what interior decorators would come up with if they designed flowers to complement furniture.

But I picked up a "Lottie Hobby" at a neighborhood plant sale, and I'm totally in love. I have it hanging from the fire escape next to my back door, and sometimes I stick my head out the door to look at it and smile.

If you haven't seen it, it's a miniature (I guess). My plant is already about 18", but the leaves are tiny, and the flowers are teeny-tiny. I mean, like 1/4"! Perfectly formed little... well... fuchsia colored trumpets, with a touch of white.

Normally I'm not a fan of cute, but you gotta love a plant that makes you giggle!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindaas(z6OH)

souns lovely Alison. But I can't seem to keep Fuchsias, They always die on me. I love all of them, my husband even likes them, but I hate to hurt a good plant! Lol. any tips would be greatly appreciated, maybe I will try again,
Linda

Bookmark   June 24, 2002 at 11:50PM
moonsaga(z7/8 OR)

hi linda,

Try a magellanica type.. they are very hardy.

--Meagan

Bookmark   July 2, 2002 at 3:29AM
ebang(Sunset 17)

I like my Lye's Unique a lot, though I've just started getting different varieties, so who knows who will be my fav in the end!

Bookmark   July 4, 2002 at 3:54AM
Violet_Girl(z9a TX)

I fell in love with fuschia the first time I saw it. However I can't seem to find any.. Would any of you happen to want to give me a cutting?

Bookmark   May 16, 2003 at 11:58PM
Violet_Girl(z9a TX)

Nevermind about the cutting. I am already getting one. but I like the Blue Lace Fuchsia best.

Bookmark   May 23, 2003 at 2:07PM
alison(6b/OH)

I'm so glad you found some. Unfortunately, I lost my Lottie Hobbie by the end of the summer. (Went on vacation in August and came back to find everything burned to a crisp!) But I'll be looking for some soon.....

Bookmark   May 23, 2003 at 2:41PM
More Discussions
Which flower is this? Petunias?
I have these in my garden and don't know what they...
Someusername
Favorite Gardening Quote...
I have many quotes about gardening and nature that...
cc
Please help identify this unknown beauty!!
This bunch just popped up in a well mulched area this...
almahaa
sunflower seedlings losing leaves
My sunfower seedlings keep losing all their leaves,...
paulhtremblay
Princess lilies
Hi, I have seen a beautifull princess lily called Julietta,...
morv
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™