Saturday Bloom

newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)May 28, 2011

Lupines looking good.

A view off my walkway to the front porch.

Iris Shyline Road and Wave Runner

Iris Sea Power

Iris Pledge Allegiance. I guess my now you could guess that I love blue Iris LOL!

My Portulaca Hanging Basket

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
schoolhouse_gw

Everything looks great, but that lupine patch is to die for.

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 11:23AM
crackingtheconcrete(7a)

Oh, my stars, Rita!! Your yard is so beautiful! Do you ever do garden parties to show off your blooms?

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 12:34PM
silverkelt(Z5b/Southern Maine)

Looking good Rita,

Lupines look great.. my patch is much smaller this year.. last years drought didnt help them either.

I will start more this winter I think.

Your iris though are just awesome, I looked throught the link you provided and am thinking about adding some more soon. Though I just put another rose order in as well .. so might have to space it out so my wife wont yell at me =P..

Silverkelt

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 12:45PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Schoolhouse- Thanks. I hope all these lupines make it this year as I like this year lupine garden even better than last years.

Hey, I found lupines potted for sale at a much more local nursery than the one I got mine at. So if I need them next year I might have a choice as were to get them. But I hope mine overwinter.

crackingtheconcrete- No garden parties here, or any type of parties. Afraid I live the quiet life. But I am out in the garden most of the time.

Silverkelt- I love the Tall Beared Iris because I really like the tall stalks and the big showey blooms. I mostly like iris with vivid colors and lots of ruffles.

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 3:19PM
Nancy zone 6

Your iris are beautiful, but the lupines are STILL my favorite.

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 4:06PM
cyn427(z7aN. VA)

What they said! :)

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 4:10PM

There are lots more iris here than lupines but those lupines do have quite the impact all bunched together like that. But then I really love things bunched together anyway. My favorite method of planting.

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 5:12PM
sunnyjay

Your lupines are to die for Rita! Your roses are also stunning, love the colour!
Jason

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 2:38PM
organic_kitten(8)

Your garden is plenty party for you, it is a gorgeous place to be.
kay

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 9:17PM

It really is pretty here. I love to just walk around and just look at everything.

The roses are just thinking of starting. There should be a really big rose showing this year as they have really grown and budded up like crazy.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 9:29PM
organic_kitten(8)

Rita,
My two little Midnight Blue roses are doing pretty well. Of course, here all of them have to be sprayed to prevent blackspot. Hopefully I won't see anything else in your rose photos that I think I have to have since I don't know where I would plant anything else. But I am really looking forward to those pictures.

kay

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 9:49PM

Kay- Roses here have to be sprayed as well or the blackspot would run rampant. Glad your Midnight Blues are doing well. Mine should start up soon. But I haven't gotten any new roses this year at all. My goodness, what is this world comming to. I haven't gotten a new rose nor a new daylily either this year. Bought plenty of other plants though.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 10:08PM
burwoodbelle(6-7)

Rita,I love the hanging basket of Portulaca.I poted 5 hanging baskets Sat.with mixed color Portulaca and also a strawberry jar.Also have an old farm wagon with orange and pink Portulaca and mix color dwarf Zennias.So far 2 flats of 36 Portulacas.
Pat

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 11:12PM

Portulacas are a very handy flower. I planted two flats already myself and really need to get more.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
echinacea pink double delight
6 plants propagated from a single stem late last nov....
daves10
Garden critters
Here are some of the local fauna who stopped by the...
loisthegardener_nc7b
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Happy Saturday Morning, Cottagers!! Well, it's a grey...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Gardenweb and the Houzz Team.
I know Gardenweb is now part of the Houzz Team,..however...
nulty
Received my seeds today
So psyched !!! Can't wait for spring !!!!
Cenepk10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™