Rhodos: Pete & Repete

Calamity_J(z7bc)May 23, 2011

So this spring I was all gung ho and wanted to add a few evergreen shrubs to my garden, I bought a nice healthy looking rhodo that said it was orange and called "golden gate", been waiting for it to bloom....yesterday I went to a Fleamarket and bought a very gorgeous rhodo: didn't come with a name, but I just Loved the color(this may or may not be an influence from a garden friend down the road whose garden just happens to be gorgeously blooming)(featuring rhodos/azealias/etc) I also came home with some new irises(may or may not be influenced by certain posts/pics here on the forum:-),(Fiesta time/Bronze/Cloudless Sunrise). Now as I was unloading said items(placing with all the other plants needing to be planted(hubby never seems to notice growing pile) when I spotted my "Golden gate was in Bloom!!! So when I placed the new rhodo beside it....well, yup! The same!!!

Here is a pic of Pete & Repeat, new iris, and my yard early yesterday morning, with the fog....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

Oooh! Calamity!

I love those rhododendrons.
kay

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 11:51AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Question: In the first picture of the fog, you can see where the previous owner of this property has planted red azealia at either end of the firepit area(in bloom), do you think it would be too much to add Pete and Repete the same way, like right behind each? Or is that too repetative?

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
Aftermidnight (and others please) question
Hi Annette, I am finding this Houzz hard to navigate...
duncandotty
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
reminder of spring
post your spring pics from last year This post was...
davids10 z7a nv.
Forum changed ALOT
OMGosh, this whole forum completely changed! WHen did...
todancewithwolves
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™