SUNDAY photo's

jean_ar(z8 Ar)May 20, 2012

Are we ready for some Sunday pictures today?, hope photobucket works right today. Would be a sunday blessing.

This is the one I am trying to ID.RITA> Could it be WESTBOURNE WILDFIRES ?. ITS not a red,its a dark Orange, like a burnt orange with that eye the same, but just darker. its a bout a 4 1/2 inch or 5 inch bloom.

. more later

jean

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

Some very pretty ones. I really like Wild One, and Gillian is looking good too.
kay

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 3:19PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

I can never see enough of 'Wild One' so keep on posting pictures all you want. Mine was just planted a couple weeks ago so I have to be patient. Your photos of it will keep me satisfied until it blooms.
Your 'Wonder of it All' always looks so perfect. Obviously it is a lily that likes it HOT. Mine doesn't open well if it's cool weather. I hope it starts adjusting to New Hampshire weather better now that it got it's toes frozen this past winter...LOL.

Celeste

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 4:25PM
Nancy zone 6

Hillbilly Heart opened for me today, I just love that one. Gillian always looks good too,& WOIA, well what can I say :)
The shape of W. Wildfires is right, but the color is off, at least compared to mine. This is last year's photo, mine hasn't bloomed yet

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 4:35PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

well,NanCY, Your wildfire looks like my velvet eyes.I think different parts of the counry, the daylilies are different color, depending on soil and climate.I wont give up trying to id this dayliily..
CELESTE, I dont have that many buds left on WILD ONE,AND ITS NOT LISTED AS A REBLOOMER, so I may not be showing many more blooms.

Jean

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 5:29PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Jean, it deffinately could be W. Wildfires. As Nancy said, a little pale but different areas of the country, maybe different coloring. Size is right for it. All your blooms look stunning today!

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 5:42PM
avedon_gw

Well, Beautiful Edgings leads off as No. 1, but they all ook good to me. Love the color and shape of Bigg and Redd All Over, Oktoberfest, Gillian, and WOIA are show stealers. REally like the clump of Hillbilly Heart. Now I am going to your next post to see what goodies are there. Avedon

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 5:48PM
brittie(Houston 9a)

Gillian and Wild One are my favorites. WO is simple in coloring, but I think it's just precious.

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 6:16PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

RITA: I think its w.wildfires, too.Thats what I am going to call it anyway, until and if i find out its not wildfired..Have you still got W. WILDFIRES in your gardens?. if so, we can compare the two and see if they look alike, course, that might not be possible either. soil and different climates changes colors some at times.
AVEDON: thank you for the nice comments
Brittie, Thanks for looking and commenting.

jean

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 9:38PM
More Discussions
Emmerich Daylilies
These are some of the Karol Emmerich daylilies I grow...
Julia NY
Keith Miner Daylilies
I have only a few, since I pretty much stick to sev...
Julia NY
Davisson Daylilies
I'll start by saying I've had no issues with growing...
Julia NY
Now for charming "C" daylilies!
Let's see what you all have, I Need to add more to...
sherrygirl zone5
Lori Jones Daylilies
My first experience 2 years ago with buying daylilies...
Julia NY
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™