poison ivy

bloomingplantlover(6)August 18, 2012

Does anyone know how to successfully kill poison ivy and poison oak? They give me tons of hives!

Haven't been gardening much because I do not want to miss work if I swell up like the elephant man. Not kidding! A late friend of my mothers turned me onto A&D ointment.

Sorry if I haven't communicated with anyone but this has been going on for 9 years.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LuAnn_in_PA

Roundup

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 2:21PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Boiling water if practical regarding size of infestation and distance from stove - and gracefulness/balance of the person who will carry it. Only needs to go on the roots.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 12:21PM
LullabyF360

I've actually had to hire somebody who isn't allergic to completely dig up the poison ivy around my place. What they did with it afterwards, I don't know. They carried it off with them. I haven't had any problems since. But please, no body make the mistake of thinking you can burn the stuff. The smoke will carry the "poison" & still cause you to break out. I can't tell you how many times my dad did this.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 10:51AM
PTLandscape

Consider using an herbicide like Vinex. if the plant is large or growing up a tree or fence. The application is actually quite minimal, coat the bark at the stem at the base of the plant with the brush which is permanently attached to the bottle of Vinex.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 1:03AM
More Discussions
How long do calendula flowers last?
Hello, I recently bought a calendula plant and have...
Westernbluebird
Mutant Calendula :0 What's happened?
Evening all, I scuttled out to the garden to collect...
ashleighv
Name of this flower
Need name of flower we have in our yard. See photo
ldj1002
Dumbest Place to Plant Something
Oh my goodness, some people just have slow blood flow...
Ipomoea - 7
Help with four 'o clocks
I just ordered 10 four o clock bulbs (local fundraiser...
dorry2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™