wanted: divisions for sw ont swap...

bev_w(6a)December 5, 2009

Okay, I know it's DECEMBER, but down here in the banana belt we are still gardening. Okay, I'm the only one still gardening. Or at least thinking about gardening.

My lovely Plumbago capensis (Cape Plumbago / Leadwort) is in the sunroom now and on a whim I took a cutting. Well, it struck very quickly and is growing on nicely. So I thought I'd take a few more cuttings and see if I can trade them in May at the plant swap.

Would any of the SW Ontario swap meet "regulars" like one? In return, I'd take any of the following:

- Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum'

- any dwarf Pennisetum / Fountain grasses

- Carex buchananii (Fox-Red Sedge, Leatherleaf Sedge)

- Carex elata 'Aurea' (Bowles' Golden Sedge)

- Carex muskingumensis

- any ornamental sedges except "blue" or variegated ones

- Nassella viridula - Green Needle Grass (aka "stipa")

Let me know if you're interested.

- Bev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariana2007(6a ON Canada)

Hi Bev,

I believe I have Pennisetum setaceum "Rubrum".
I jammed a few big mature plants in 2 pots, and I can give you one pot if you would like. They are inside in an unheated bedroom, hopefully they will have above or around freezing temperature the whole winter. All my tender plants that I cut them down and potted them, with all that warm weather we had, they started to have new shoots, including the purple fountain grass. I hope they calmed down now, it got cooler in the bedrooms up there. I'm living in Chatham now, and I don't have a big garden for all my winter-sowing plants I'm planning to have, and 1 or 2 purple fountain grass will be more than enough for me.
You are right, beautiful weather here in south, I was able to work in the garden last week too.

Bookmark   December 11, 2009 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
WANTED: updated list available
http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/marric
marricgardens
HAVE: commercial seeds
I have a good quantity of commercial seed packets that...
tegwyn
WANTED: people interested in seeds for sase
Hi All , I was going to participate in the 4th Annual...
signet_gw
WANTED: Leslie Street Allotment gardens toronto
Slightly off topic perhaps but before I leap in for...
randaloulton
WANTED: Verbena bonariensis
Looking for seeds of this plant please. Contact me...
signet_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™