Citrix

marricgardensMay 29, 2012

I know a lot of people seem to like this one but I just don't see anything special about it. I've looked it up and read that there is 5 way branching and a 45 bud count, is it really that high or is that hybridizers hype? I do like the shape of it but that's about all I like. Is it a good hybridizing prospect? Anyone else feel that way about a specific daylily? Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

It is a beautiful daylily and a good grower and bloomer in my garden. But those bud counts and branching are for way down south. Mine never reblooms and has average branching and budcount. Honestly if you don't much like the flower then why bother with it? There are plenty of other daylilies out there.

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 4:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dementieva(Zone 9 - Houston)

Mine is new since October, and it has bloomed more than once from the same fans already, but it's still short and not very budded.

In my opinion, the really exciting things about it aside from potentially good branching/buds/rebloom are:
1. The eye pattern is different from anything else I've seen, making it instantly recognizable.
2. The flowers open perfectly just about every time.
3. It is a big round bright orange that you can see from a long distance.

It rusts some, but it seems to be far from the worst.

Nate

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
Jean
I'm afraid Jean is discouraged. Hope she won't quit...
organic_kitten
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™