Favorite gardening class?

jules7ky(z6KY)September 24, 2003

Have you taken an especially good gardening or garden crafts class? What was it? What made it so good? Is there anything you wish they had covered, but didn't? What made it worth the price and your time?

My favorites so far have been making hypertufa troughs, cooking with herbs (with samples to taste!), and a sowing seeds/taking cuttings class. I also love some of the more craft-related classes.

I'm trying to put together a class or two to teach, and would love any imput. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mamabirrd(z5/6 PA)

Just the basics! Being a Master Gardener, I have helped to educate people about gardening, pruning, etc., and it seems the most widely appreciated information is very basic. Not all gardeners are as "die-hard" as you or I may be and they love learning the simple things. This helps them to properly progress into more advanced plant care. I can't believe how excited some people become just learning the benifits of mulching or when they take my advice and fertilize. Their plants start to really grow and thrive and they can't believe that's all it took. Try teaching a class that revolves around gardening basics and i'm sure it will fill up fast and you will get lots of thanks!

Bookmark   October 27, 2003 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
Baby crepe myrtle or weed?
Haven't mowed the lawn in a few weeks since it's been...
mattp321
Please help identify this unknown beauty!!
This bunch just popped up in a well mulched area this...
almahaa
Any tips on growing Mums?
I'm not sure if I posted this under the correct category,...
robar
Dumbest Place to Plant Something
Oh my goodness, some people just have slow blood flow...
Ipomoea - 7
Mutant Calendula :0 What's happened?
Evening all, I scuttled out to the garden to collect...
ashleighv
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™