MY most favourite...

filipendula(z4 NH)October 15, 2004

...is Campanula 'chettle charm.' unlike most Campanulas, this little sweetie is not 100% purplish-blue, but it DOES have a very VERY light version of that colour. chettle charm is a bell-like flower, pure white with just a teeny tinge of that purplish-blue. it quite takes my breath away, as well as other gardeners i've had visit my gardens.

i do have quite a dilemma, however, and that is the ONLY place i've EVER been able to find chettle charm is wayside gardens and after the last time i received half-dead plants from them i vowed i'd never order from them again! even the two chettle charm plants i received from wayside about 2 years ago were in such poor health, i couldn't even plant them when they arrived which, for some bizarre reason, was AFTER snow had already fallen!!

i'm wondering if there is ANYONE here who might know a place where i might be able to find Campanula chettle charm other than wayside garden catalogue???!!! i've checked with google, mamma metasearch, and several other international search engines to no avail. i sure would appreciate it because, you see, last winter, the moles/voles and other nasty critters devoured my chettle charms and my gardens suffered from the lack of their beauty this year. i would be sincerely and deeply grateful if anyone could steer me in the right direction (for finding the chettle charm).

thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
duane456

joy creek nursery has them

Bookmark   October 16, 2004 at 4:34PM
More Discussions
Flower ID
I've seen these in a few people's yards near my house....
kmccullough
Baby crepe myrtle or weed?
Haven't mowed the lawn in a few weeks since it's been...
mattp321
How long do calendula flowers last?
Hello, I recently bought a calendula plant and have...
westernbluebird
Which flower is this? Petunias?
I have these in my garden and don't know what they...
Someusername
Dumbest Place to Plant Something
Oh my goodness, some people just have slow blood flow...
Ipomoea - 7
Sponsored Products
Remer by Nameeks K21 Bidet Faucet - REMER K21
$114.42 | Hayneedle
New Hand Knotted European 3' X 5' Oushak Area Rug Veg Dyed Ivory Wool H3174
BH Sun Inc
Darya Rugs Ziegler, Red, 5'10" x 10'5" M1765-162
Darya Rugs
Silo Table Lamp
Overstock.com
Casa Olde Black Three-Light Bath Fixture
$279.00 | Bellacor