organic_kitten(8)May 18, 2012

FFO on Woman at the Well looking pretty good:

Azure butterfly twins:

Ruby Lipstick is back:

Etosha is a favorite Munson:

Had a flock of Bird Talk:

Isle of Patmos is a lovely bloom:

Face Paint has done very well this year:

And Artic Lace seems to bloom really well too.

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anniegolden(z7a)

Woman at the Well is my pick. What a pretty edge. Arctic Lace is also very lovely.
Christine

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 4:17PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

KAY: Your WOMAN AT THE WELL, is gorgeous, too.I Love the edge around it, sooo pretty.my favorite today of yours, is ISLE OF PATMOS
iTS GORGEOUS.. and I love ARTIC LACE, too.

Jean

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 4:25PM
shive(6b TN)

I was going to pick Etosha as my favorite because of its vibrant color, but then I saw Isle of Patmos - just love that one. Your Arctic Lace trio is so very pretty, too.

Debra

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 6:01PM
shive(6b TN)

By the way, I think the one you labeled Azure Butterfly is really Asian Fairy Bluebird. Azure Butterfly has a patterned eye. But either way, those blooms are wonderful!

Debra

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 6:35PM
marricgardens

My favorite is Isle of Patmos. Woman at the Well is also a favorite. Marg

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 7:11PM
Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a

WAH! I was sure I commented on this post earlier, professing my love for each and every one of your pretties. I guess I didn't hit the button just right or something. Anywho... Love! That is all. :D

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 7:50PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Love Face Paint and Ruby Lipstock. But they are all lovely.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 7:50PM
najoba(8b)

Oh my goodness, they are all so gorgeous. WOMAN AT THE WELL is very, very pretty. AZURE BUTTERFLY is stunning. ETOSHA is another one of those wonderful Munsons - dearly love them. One can't go wrong with them. Your BIRD TALK looks a lot different from mine, not sure why. ISLE OF PATMOS is so utterly beautiful, I'll have to give it my vote as a favorite, today. ARCTIC LACE is always consistently lovely.

Great pics, Kay! Thanks!

Nancy

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 8:08PM
avedon_gw

Always a great show, and since they are all fantastic, I don't have to agonize over the one I like best--LOL. Of course, who could resist that trio of Arctic Lace? Avedon

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 8:10PM
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks for looking, everyone...well what fun. Nancy, I got Bird Talk from Art Gallery last year when I bought the Purple Breasted Honey Creeper (and also Pansy Eye and I wanna Piranna). The bloom had disappointedme, but I hadn't even looked it up. Tonight, I looked them up and you and Debra are both right...not Azure butterfly, but Asian Fairy Bluebird. (this one was not from Art Gallery, but was from the auction). But what I called (and what I had ordered ordered) Bird Talk is actually Green Jay! Not as pretty by far to me. I think I will drop them a note and a photo of this one. (admittedly, it is growing like all of the Lambertson's do here).

Debra, I am glad you like Isle of Patmos...it consistently has large lovely blooms.

Thanks Christine and Jean. Waoman at the Well is supposed to take several years to reach her potential, and this is the best she has bloomed.

Thanks Marg...I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Thanks Rita, Face Paint has come into its on...I think Lies and Lipstick may need one more year to be its best.

Not to worry, Brittie. We all do it sometimes.

Thanks Avedon. It is the pretty time of year.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 8:49PM
Nancy zone 6

Well, I refuse to pick a favorite, I like every single one of them. Woman at the Well is looking really good. I should have the first bloom on mine soon, but I'm going to try not to be disappointed after what you say about it. Your picture looks really nice though.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:03PM
najoba(8b)

It doesn't look like my ASIAN FAIRY BLUEBIRD either. :-( One of us has a misnamed daylily!

Nancy

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:08PM
shive(6b TN)

Kay - I sent you Asian Fairy Bluebird last fall. And that photo looks exactly like mine, which I got directly from Art Gallery Gardens. Unfortunately mine still puts out wimpy, disappointing scapes. It multiplies like crazy, but I just don't get many buds out of it. The same goes for Cerulean Warbler and Blue Eyes Glance. It's a shame because I love the blooms on all three. Later in the year, I may move them beside the house to better simulate Florida growing conditions.

Debra

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:43PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

I really like Woman At The Well. Arctic Lace is a real beauty and my choice of this thread...Ellie

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 10:14PM
sann777

Woman At The Well and Artic Lace are my favorites. I have Etosha and it is a beauty too. Sarah

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 10:55PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

That photo of Arctic Lace is absolutely breathtaking! What a beautiful, pristine daylily. I see that your imposter Bird Talk is something else...it sure doesn't look like mine which is definitely Bird Talk. The Asian Fairy Bluebird(?) one is stunning and the Isle of Patmos is as well. But I still like Arctic Lace best of all.

Celeste

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 10:09AM
nat4b(4)

Love Isle of Patmos, so pretty! And I've always admired Arctic Lace, and with three blooms in a pic, it's my favorite today

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 1:49PM
Julia NY(6)

Love the pics. I am waiting for ISLE OF PATMOS to arrive here this coming week from Karol E. along with others I ordered from her.
Lambertson are very iffy here. Sometimes they do wonderful and others times I think they will die but like the Phoenix from the ashes, they come back better than ever.

Julia

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 6:51PM
More Discussions
Suicidal gardenia post OT
Don't know if any of you ever read this. It's worth...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Hooray! The Bradford Pear Tree is Down!
We had been intending to take it down for a year, and...
organic_kitten
Lambert daylilies
would love to see pics of John Lambert daylilies ....
signet_gw
Best deer repellant?
I'm fairly new at daylillies, and I know that the deer...
bigack
Daylily Grab Bag
I found a plant sale given by our local Daylily Society....
srks72
Sponsored Products
Fibre Light Bottle Pendant by Resident
$3,350.00 | Lumens
Hand-tufted Blue Kiser Wool Rug (3' x 12')
Overstock.com
Missoni Home | Odomez Pillow 24x24
YLiving.com
Bloom Pendant Light in Silver
$399.00 | LexMod
Asian Quince Arrangement
$649.00 | FRONTGATE
Praetorius Two-Tone Silver 33-Light Chandelier with Firenze Clear Crystal
Bellacor
Ceramic Zigzag Vase in Yellow
Grandin Road
Power Petal Wall Light