two ffos and almost ffo

avedon_gwMay 17, 2013

It was a big surprise today to see Wild Horses open. Then I found a first flower on the passalong I call "Cranberry Pink" The pictures of Happy Returns are not of first flowers, those opened yesterday, but I couldn't get out in the rain to get a shot. I am finding lots and lots of scapes now, so it won't be too long before the season really gets started. Avedon

Wild Horses

Cranberry Pink

Happy Returns

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

Very pretty, Avedon. I'm finding the scapes too. half a dozen others will open tomorrow or the next day from the look of them, and there are scapes everywhere, so I guess the forum is about to heat up. I always really like Wild Horses when I see it, but have never owned it. It's a beauty.
kay

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 3:48PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

AVEDON;They are all gorgeous.I like wild Horses, too.CRANBERRY PINK is mighty pretty, too. We had 2.5 inches of rain last night, with the tornados popping up every where and today I seen scapes sticking up above the foliage all over the place that wasn't there a few days ago.And the daylilies are growing so big this year, too.some are huge plants.I know I have some in pots I will have to divide them and put some in another pot.

jean

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 10:07PM
Julia NY(6)

wow, Wild Horses blooming already? I'm always thankful for the rain but not the storms.

Julia

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 7:02PM
shive(6b TN)

It's so great to see your daylilies starting to bloom! Mine are just starting to put up scapes. I expect they'll be 2-3 weeks late this year.

Debra

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 8:03PM
avedon_gw

I don't know what Photo Bucket is up to, but I am reposting the picture of Cranberry Pink. I took this one today and it is better than the first. Also, doubles on Siloam Double Classic are starting now. Our yellow passalong NOID had the first bloom today. Avedon

"Cranberry Pink"

Siloam Double Classic

Our yellow NOID first bloom today

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 12:01AM
houstmag

Congratulation on the start of your blooms. Siloam Double Classic is looking great and I really like the color on Cranberry Pink.
Linda

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 5:02PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Oooo, I love Cranberry Pink. I find Photobucket most annoying this year since they have changed the site again.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 6:10PM
More Discussions
Weather?
Off topic, just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing...
Nancy zone 6
WARNING- do not use EcoSmart Grass & Weed Killer
I just sprayed this on my grass inbetween the cracks...
dani_plus_2
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
Marvelous "M" daylilies, let's see them!
It's time for the M daylilies and I actually have a...
sherrygirl zone5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™