Lisa33...your garden

oakleyokMay 18, 2010

Lisa, your front garden is very similar to mine. Intead of having the Knock Outs in the front, I have Rose Carpet. My roses are getting ready to bloom like crazy. I also have a KO in there and may put in two more.

Is there a way you can take more pictures of your garden for me at various angles? Or do you have some pictures on file you can post?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisa33(6b Bucks County PA)

Absolutely. I will upload some. There isn't a ton of blooming going on that you can see right now other than that one section of roses, alyssum, catmint, artemisia and gaura. Lots and lots of green, though!

Lisa

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 5:17PM
trailrunnerbiker

just a slight takeover of this thread....did you see the questions I had on your other potager thread about the window on your little house? If you get a chance I sure would love to hear how you did it. Thank you ! c

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 8:57PM
lisa33(6b Bucks County PA)

Sorry it took so long, but I finally posted some pictures for you in the gallery. Long story, but I can't upload pictures from my regular camera, only my cellphone. Not only does it take terrible pictures, but it's about a 10 step process to get each picture up here. Not pretty! Hope the pictures help!

Trailrunner, sorry to miss your question. Actually, the window is an old wavy glass window that just happens to appear very reflective in those pictures. However, I have replaced glass in old windows before, which I expect would be the same process as replacing with mirrors. It's a matter of scraping all of the old putty away with a putty knife, removing glazier's points, replacing and reglazing. If you google "replacing glass old windows" that should give you some good step-by-step guides. Hope that's helpful!

Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Front Garden Pictures

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
Backyard birding
Last fall i had posted that i was having trouble attracting...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427
My first real gardening venture this year
The sun is out, it's 80 degrees in my unheated greenhouse...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
Building my Irish Shed
Hi everyone, I've been admiring all the lovely garden...
camaria
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™