Picture Potpourri For Tuesday

avedon_gwMay 15, 2012

There may be something for everyone in today's mix-new, old, singles, doubles, multiples, etc. and some garden shots.

Avedon

New-- Imperial Lemon--love this big fragrant yellow. We have 3 clumps of this one.

First photos of Fairy Tale Pink--the first blooms were awful, would not fully open. These are playing peek-a-boo

Triplets of Leebea Orange Crush

Clump Of Buttered Popcorn

This is a J. Carpenter reject passed along to me. The flowers can be huge and beautiful if you like this color--I don't--I call it Rusty Rose and this picture makes it prettier than it is; also,the flowers will disintegrate at the first drop of water.

Custard Candy triplets playing peek-a-boo

Midnight Magic for the lovers of very dark red dls. It's really almost black.

Destined To See Clump

Beautiful Edgings doing the beautiful thing

Iszy Dizzy (correct spelling of name) has doubled!! It is usually very good about being a double, but not this year.

The BIG clump of Always Afternoon

Persian Market--better color on this picture

Now for a garden shot--the zinnia patch coming on strong--there are a number of butterflies on the flowers, but hard to see.

Surprise!! Found a butterfly on a zinnia. That's all, until tomorrow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

I love those garden shots. I love your zinnia patch as I really, truely do just love zinnias! Great shot with the butterfly. Now the daylilies of course are just fabulous. So many colorful blooms. That Destined To See Clump is gotta be my favorite as it just looks so pretty, who could resist it!

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 4:17PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

wow!!! more gorgeous pictures for us to see.FAIRY TALE PINK is gorgeous. I have to look and see if mine even ha scapes on it yet. and I love the one you are calling RUSTY ROSE.I think its very pretty.and I love MIDNIGHT MAGIC. Love the dk reds.and love BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS, TOO mine has got scapes and buds, no blooms yet. now the zinnia's.I am like Rita.I love Zinnia's and yours is very very pretty,and the shot with the butterfly is gorgeous. Thats hard to do with the bigger butterflys.I managed to get a photo last year of a butterfly on a bloom, but,I had to keep following that thing every where before it stayed in one place long enough to get a photo of it.

Jean

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 5:22PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Avedon, Destined To See is my pick but I love the Zinnia Especially with the Butterfly. Ellie

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 5:47PM
houstmag

You have some beauties and I agree with Ellie the shot with the butterfly is stunning.
Linda

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 6:19PM
Nancy zone 6

Your zinnias are really looking good. I had counted on my zinnias reseeding, but I see no sign of it yet. I'm going to have to get some seeds & a few plants to tide me over. Destined to See is my pick too, a great daylily!

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 8:15PM
organic_kitten(8)

Everything is so pretty! That clump of Destined to See takes the ribbon, however.

kay

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 10:46PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

I'm trying to play 'catch-up' with all the recent postings. I really love all your clump shots. My favorite of these is the 'Fairy Tale Pink' twins, looking so demure and delicate. Your daylilies all look great.

Celeste

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 11:17AM
shive(6b TN)

My favorite is the photo of the butterfly on that vividly colored zinnia. Second would be your clump of Destined to See.

Debra

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 11:57PM
More Discussions
Daylily Order.
I finally got to place an order for some new DLs. They...
Billi
Siloam Daylilies ID
OK all you Siloam daylily experts. I have 3 daylilies...
swontgirl_z5a
Question About Seed Sprouting
I was throwing out some old seed packets that were...
alameda/zone 8
Aphids on daylilies
What do you do about aphids on your daylilies? I don't...
ruthz
Pauline Henry daylilies
I was brousing a couple of daylily sites the other...
Maryl zone 7a
Sponsored Products
"Emilia" Frame 3" x 4"
$350.00 | Horchow
WAC Hemmingway Polished Nickel 24" Wide LED Picture Light
Euro Style Lighting
House of Troy 16" Contemporary Nickel Picture Light
Lamps Plus
Distressed Grey 8-piece Wall Hanging Set
Overstock.com
Log Shack Mailbox w/ Porch
Fifthroom.com