crosmocia ?/ any one have one or know what it looks like?

mastergarder2003 Lixey(5 MI.)December 20, 2009

I know a crosmociaq is orange from a seed trade but that is it, and there is no listing of such a plant on the computer anywhere, any help would be great on the groweth habit or spreding how. sun requirements, maybe it is spelled wrong,what zone it is in,, any help would be great. Maybe this is someones favorite. Bonnie email if you have a picture please to homegardenbon0@aol.come thanks dec.19

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Do you think its Crocosmia? Its is a bulb or corm, according to daves garden, so im not sure but thats the first thing i thought of... i am not sure how to include a link...so try that spelling in google? hope it helps!

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 5:46AM
norma_2006

I have found them they are bulbs from So. Africa, and grow in clumps .The flowers come in yellow, white and red. One is variegated, another organge the flowers are not large but many on a stem. Some flowers up to 2" long. Only 7 species, but many hybrids listed. This book was a bargain
with over a thousand pages. Under $40 The correction of the spelling aided me in finding this plant. Norma

Bookmark   January 1, 2010 at 8:04PM
mastergarder2003 Lixey(5 MI.)

Well I don't have a for sure answer on this one, The GW swapper did not know anything but really orange in color, when I emailed her back she didnt have a picture I mentioned also the crocosmia maybe could be because I grow that but no the seeds are diffrent. so?? on this one. Know one knows what a really orange crosmocia is me or who?? anyone send us a picture if you have any Idea. I have seen several crocosmias red and yellow and red Lucifer, and amber gold I have grown but I have not seen a all orange one would love to see one. well maybe I will have to plant seeds and see what comes up. Sometimes surprises are good sometimes invasives.?? Happy gardening. always a adventure, thanks to all who had some help or fun trying. Jan 3 2010

Bookmark   January 2, 2010 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
Dumbest Place to Plant Something
Oh my goodness, some people just have slow blood flow...
Ipomoea - 7
Name of this flower
Need name of flower we have in our yard. See photo
ldj1002
Present idea for a gardener/fruit farmer
My husband has become a fruit farmer/gardener. He researches...
kardomr
Help with four 'o clocks
I just ordered 10 four o clock bulbs (local fundraiser...
dorry2
Inheriting a huge ugly crepe myrtle
My husband and I are going to closing on our first...
Zellanett
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™