Supplier for Rion Ecogrow Greenhouse in Calgary?

hmacdona1February 22, 2009

I've been thinking of buying one of these greenhouses as it looks like it would be very easy to put together and take down and move if necessary.

Does anyone know of a supplier in Calgary? I've been searching the internet, but have only located companies in Ontario.

Thanks in advance...Heather

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maggiepie_gw

Heather, I have a small 6X8 Rion greenhouse, I bought it online from Costco 2 years ago.
They were on special recently.

Bookmark   February 22, 2009 at 8:42AM
hmacdona1

Hi maggiepie,

I was checking out costcos website earlier today as a matter of fact. Unfortunately they're only carrying the "prestige" model which is too big for my use (it's 8 x 12) and quite a bit more expensive than the ecogrow model I'm looking for. They're selling the prestige model for $4000.00. I'm looking for a 6 x 8 size like you have. I seem to be able to get this size with automatic openers and base kit for around $1400 online, but was hoping to be able to get one locally.

Thanks for your note...I do appreciate it.

Bookmark   February 22, 2009 at 8:51AM
hmacdona1

I decided to take the plunge and ordered one online today through canadagreenhouses.com. I had corresponded with them a few times and found them to be extremely helpful. Their 25% off sale ends today, so I just had to buy right? :)

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 12:24PM
maggiepie_gw

Heather, I hope you have a better place to put yours than I did.
Mine gets full sun all day and as a result isn't of much use for most of summer. Am thinking of getting some aluminium shadecloth for summer.
Which size did you order?

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 9:49PM
hmacdona1

Hi Maggiepie,

I ordered the 6 x 8 for now. I have a pretty good spot in my backyard where my existing portable one is put up. It's 6 x 8 as well but has seen better days. It gets a good amount of sun most of the day but not all day like you have. It's sheltered from the high winds we tend to get at the north end of the city.

I like the idea that I can buy extension kits for this one if I get out of control with my growing.

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
What do you know about blacknot?
The last 3 years or so with more moisture during growing...
Konrad___far_north
Finally!
Even my daffodils, south side close to house, are popping...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
germinating rose seeds
What is a good way to start roses from seed, I picked...
wayne
Grapes that survived (zone 2b)
all my grapes pulled through, except for a straggly...
intotheark
Tradescantia Overwintering and Cultural requirement
Tradescantia �Blue and Gold�...
dongdong
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™