Using coconut oil- discovery of my life
I promised to Lisa to post some information on coconut oil:
Now lets tell you a little bit about coconut oil.
Coconut oil is one of the most stable oils you can buy. It does not turn rancid easily. It does not attack your arteries. In fact, coconut oil was one of the foods Weston Price studied in his journeys. He discovered that the coconut was considered, by the local populations, a medicine food. He found that those civilizations that consumed coconut regularly had no knowledge of cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.
Lets take a look at the healing properties of coconut oil:
* Coconut oil is antiviral, antifungal (kills yeast too) and antibacterial. It attacks and kills viruses that have a lipid (fatty) coating, such as herpes, HIV, hepatitis C, the flu, and mononucleosis. It kills the bacteria that cause pneumonia, sore throats, dental cavities, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, food poisoning, pneumonia, and many, many more bacterial infections. It kills the fungus/yeast infections that cause candida, ringworm, athletes foot, thrush, jock itch, diaper rash and more.
* Coconut oil is called the "low fat" fat. It actually acts like a carbohydrate in that it is quickly broken down in the liver and used as quick energy. It is NOT stored like other fats. It boosts oneÂs energy and endurance. Many athletes use it blended into their drinks. It also supports thyroid function and increases your metabolism (great if you want to lose weight).
* Coconut oil improves digestion and absorption of fat soluble vitamins, minerals (especially calcium and magnesium), and amino acids. It improves the bodyÂs use of blood glucose and improves insulin secretion and absorption (great for type II diabetes). In fact, many diabetics (type I and type II) use it to reduce their symptoms. OneÂs risk of diabetes decreases with regular use of coconuts and coconut oil. And as we already mentioned, cooking with coconut oil does not create any harmful byproducts.
* Coconut oil helps the body heal and repair faster. It aids and supports immune function, protecting us from a variety of cancers.
* Coconut oil, contrary to much hubbub, is good for your heart. It keeps our blood platelets from sticking together (and causing dangerous clots). Regular users of coconut oils have a much lower chance of atherosclerosis (clogging of the arteries), arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), and strokes. Coconut oil can lower your blood pressure.
* Coconut oil is a natural antioxidant. It protects the body from free radical damage and prevents premature aging and degenerative diseases.
* Finally, coconut oil is the best massage oil on the planet. What it does to your skin, you simply have to witness. It forms a barrier against infections, softens and moisturizes your skin, and prevents wrinkling, sagging, and age spots. It promotes healthy hair and complexion, protects from any damaging UV rays.
Furthermore, 50% of coconut oil is lauric acid. The only other good source of lauric acid is motherÂs milk. Dr Mary Enig, one of the leading authorities on fats, tells us
Approximately 50 percent of the fatty acids in coconut fat are lauric acid. Lauric acid is a medium chain fatty acid, which has the additional beneficial function of being formed into monolaurin in the human or animal body. Monolaurin is the antiviral, antibacterial, and antiprotozoal monoglyceride used by the human or animal to destroy lipid coated viruses such as HIV, herpes, cytomegalovirus, influenza, various pathogenic bacteria including listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori, and protozoa such as giardia lamblia. Some studies have also shown some antimicrobial effects of the free lauric acid.
Please, research it for your self. I am not promoting any product,I just wanted to share some of the goodness of this long and hard kept secrete. (coconut oil was attacked by the big corn and soy oil industry as being an "artery clogger.")
this is where I get my oil: Ihttp://www.coconutoil-online.com/PRODUCTS.html
(we have tried many different ones, this I like the best)
I cook with it and substitute it where normal oil would go, baking, anything really.
skin care products: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/skincare.htm
( I have used and still am using lotion unscented, and baby silk- (this one is really good), I use it now also on my face, and it is wonderful)
I am also using the lip moisturizer, soaps, and another great product is the skin exfoliator (I am using the unscented).
If you have any questions, please ask me. I also have many books that I can lend out,