What little thats blooming.. here you go. 5/21/11

silverkelt(Z5b/Southern Maine)May 21, 2011

Im such a summer gardner, my eye is always taken to daylilies and roses, now my japanese iris garden is expanding. Im adding some peonies and more perrenials, but the height of my garden in Maine is somewhere between June 15th to Auguest 15th give or take.

I do have a few things in bloom, and a few ive competely ignored posting as well.. aka crocus and some other daffs and such.

Ive been remulching the main garden bed and its taken forever, as Ive trucked in about 5 truckloads of compost so far. But Ive managed to get about 500 daylily seedlings in my new back bed and some other odds and ends done, as well as getting my veggie garden more or less planted. LOTS to do, as we had a week of cooler rainy weather and honestly didnt feel like doing much, had to go on a business trip too, so that didnt help.

Daffodill Cheerfulness..

Tulip Apricot Beauty

A northwestern Native I just got this last weekend, just planted it today, this was taken while it was still in a pot. Camassia

A dwarf Korean Azelea, took 4 years to explode like this, I have two and they both look great this year, just Covered in blooms.

If these are too big I apologize , let me know, as I know older screens need them smaller.

Silverkelt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cher(6 SW OH)

All are lovely. You've picked some fantastic colors and I really like that Camassia too. Photos size was fine.
Cher

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 5:55PM
natal(Louisiana 8b)

I love your Camassia! Never saw that before. Thank you so much for posting your Korean azaleas. My mom had a couple in her Indiana yard, but I never saw them in bloom. She would tell me every spring how gorgeous they were.

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 6:52PM
christinmk z5b eastern WA

Fantastic! I started some camassia from seed- probably will take years before it gets as lovely as your new beauty!
Ps. you take some great close up pictures...worthy of framing!
CMK

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 8:34PM
plantmaven(8b/9a TX)

All very pretty. But I agree, the camassia is BEAUTIFUL

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 10:27PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Love those Azealas with the hot rose pink color. And your daffodils are really pretty too. I love spring in the garden when everything starts to get green and flower.

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 11:45PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Lovely! Nice big pics!!!

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 12:47AM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

The color of the tulips melts my heart.

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 12:48AM
oceanna(7 WWA)

Yummy colors, especially on those tulips. Thanks for sharing these oh-so-pretty pictures.

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 12:49AM
Thyme2dig NH Zone 5

Those daffodils are adorable. I just picked up some Camassia today! Not exactly sure where they're going but they really are a beautiful spring bloomer. I can't wait to see pictures of your japanese iris when they're blooming. I hope you'll post some!!

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 6:18PM
More Discussions
Gardenweb and the Houzz Team.
I know Gardenweb is now part of the Houzz Team,..however...
nulty
Blackberry lily (Belamcanda chinensis)
This is my attempt to post. This is a plant I haven't...
frogview00
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Good Saturday morning, Cottagers!! A few of us having...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Hillside cottage garden
Hello! I am going to make my first ever attempt at...
rickcrum
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Happy Saturday Morning, Cottagers!! Well, it's a grey...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™